Jaxman flashlights

Does anyone like the warm yellow tint offered by Jaxman?

I have a JAXMAN E3 and a P60-Dropin with the 4000°K Nichia 219b and both have the loveliest tint, i’ve seen for a long time. It’s imho a lot better than the 5700°K option available also.

Yes :wink:

I have a warm X1. Nice thrower.

Recently received an E2 Nichia 219B 4000K from Jaxman. Wasn’t long before I swapped the driver with a Convoy New FW 7135*8. It really isn’t that Yellow as say a Cree in this color temp. Has some of the Peachy Nichia tint with some yellow. Also driven harder than stock it also reduces some of the yellow. No crazy colors outside the spot as some XP-G3 of similar specs.
I can’t complain and bought several more mounted 219B in 4000K from them.

The E2L is a great offering for the money.
Looks like the Warm White is already sold out.

Thank you Uli. I definitely like the Nichias as well but I was wondering about this warm yellow that Jaxman offers. Unfortunately, I think this is a Cree LED. Is yours the warm yellow factory tint from Jaxman Rick?

My JAXMANs are all Nichia 219b 4000°K, no Cree LED inside. The tints aren’t yellow, they are more like the “old” Nichia 219a, but not rosy, more “creamy” in tint. Can’t describe it any better, but the tint is very nice and if you don’t compare to a cool white side by side, whites are white to - at least - my eye.

The “warm yellow” of the E2L is XP-G2 as well and it looks like a very nice tint, like 5A maybe.

EDIT: It’s 5A indeed, that’s what the description says. I quite like the 5A tints.

No problem brother, I understand; too much to remember…… :person_facepalming: … :wink:
I don’t have the M8 yet, it has not arrived. I have ordered it.
I saw that the Convoy was listed as shorter…that is not correct.

Every listing of the Jaxman M8 I can find has it listed as… 130 x 34 x 24 mm

As far as the Convoy M1 is concerned, I have found three different measurements listed while looking at different listings.
So I measured one of my M1’s myself. It is…… 134 x 35 x 24 mm

So the Convoy appears to be 4mm longer overall.

When my M8 gets here I’ll PM you if it turns out to be different than listed. :slight_smile:

Wow! I was just going off their AliExpress store where they state “Emitter Type: CREE XML2 LED, 3 kind of color temperature optional”. I would be please with Nichia LED’s in their lights if that is what they are currently using.

Thanks buddy! If I remember correctly, the Convoy listing I saw stated 115mm in length. If the Convoy is longer AND has the issues with cells fitting then my choice is much easier in favor of the Jaxman.

My pleasure pal. :+1:
Yep, that is exactly what it said… 115 mm. Now look at this listing for a Convoy M1 host . It says 137 mm. :person_facepalming:
I just now measured mine again. Dead on 134 mm. :wink:

Who knows??? :smiley:

So do i actually, but then you shine it on your hand, and it’s clear there’s no red in it, not even in the 80+ CRI versions…

I’d prefer it if they had a real warm white option at 3000k, as per Convoy. 4000k is just the warmer end of neutral.

Their website also shows a glued PCB, which is less than ideal for those looking to make changes to the light.

My X1 has a 7A XPL-HI LED. Extremely warm (think light bulb). Last time I used it with a Fenix diffusor which yielded very nice light inside a cave.

I see some of Jaxman’s light say High CRI. Is that 80 or 90?
thanks

For the” E3”:https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/JAXMAN-E3-high-CRI-outdoor-Flashlight-Torch-use-AA-alkaline-or-Ni-MH-battery-Nichia-219B/1812094_32610831028.html they claim to use a Nichia 219B Ra=9050 (CRI >= 90, R9 >= 50).

For their other products with high CRI versions (E2 and M8), they don’t state it so explicitly, but they show charts for the Ra=9050 219B leds, so it’s implied that they use such variants.

Edit: In the E2 picture it actually says CRI > 90. For the M8 the image in the OP says Ra > 90, but for some reason the current image in their store doesn’t say that.

Thanks, for explaining that there is so much more to learn on BLF :slight_smile:

About Jaxman E2 Nichia 219B
Can anybody specify how about PWM (flickering and sound) mentioned in first message here

I started an interest group if anyone would like to sign up:

Suggestions are welcome as well :slight_smile: