Jaxman Z1 from Aliexpress

Wow! I did not know this. The picture of the host doesn’t show a lens unless I missed it, and the lens is for sale on a part listing for $10. I must say I prefer single-cell lights, so how much more output could I get with the XP-L HI as opposed to the stock XM-L2?

EDIT: Ahh, I see the lens now. It is wrapped in paper so I didn’t notice it initially.

Yes you can order extra things such as the lens and cap (though an extra pill seems more logical if it was not for HOOP who maybe making them in copper)
The host is a good package
That white thing in the second slit bottom left is the lens and the cap came on the head.

Nice! However their site says they are no longer available?

Also, how much more output could I get in a single-cell setup?

Well that is led and driver decided
A fet will output more then stock

Yes when the hosts are back I post it in the Z1 and X1 host threads!

The stock light states 1100 lumens. I have heard from others that the stock light is brighter than the Cometa. What would be the best one could expect from a home-built light?

Well with this driver:
CLICK

And the MTG2 I expect my Z1 to pump out more then that :wink:

But it is not all about Lumens, the lens of the jaxman is very good, broad flood with large even lighted area
And what got me really interested was that people wrote about no rattling in zooming action. This is true, so I often use it not completly zoomed in, enough to shine between two big trees and still not a square lighted part but little bigger and round. When zooming is stopped at a level the head stays there.
My other zoomies don’t have that so nice.

Yes, I have definitely heard the Z1 construction is one of the best zoomies out there and that is why I was considering the stock version in the first place. So, with that in mind, higher output would be the only other thing that I could improve on this light, hence the reason I keep asking about output.

As far as the MT-G2 is concerned, doesn’t this require at least 6V? If so, are you building a 2 x 26650 light? I am only interested in a single-cell 26650 for this light. I do understand that I could save some money by purchasing the host and building something similar to the stock light. However, do you know when these host will come available again?

Yes plan on series

Idk when but when they are back I’ll post it right away

A fet driver should be giving more output
But it also depends what you have.
I have that Cometa so had the parts to justify going for a host
Groupbuy failed and I found the nicely priced.
Bought it to use as host but simply like it so much I went for the host as well. But with the Cometa parts having found a new home something different seemed logical and seeing how nice the MTG2 looks in it well yeah :wink:

Did you use the Cometa parts in another light?

I just put a Z1 together using the FX6 5A. I used the shorty with 2x 26350 and MTG2 D0. Super nice carry light and plenty of light. Havn’t checked the numbers yet as I also put together another XHP35 E4 1D noct. Used another MTNMAX 4S 2.5A + coilcraft. BRIGHT! Perfect focus with extension spacer included. 4X LiitoKala and full length. White centering ring. Heat…medium. Can’t say enough about the JAXMAN quality. I’m really liking these zoomies! Waiting on the X1 host. The XML2 still has a place for me. Wider spot and nice flood in a zoomie. Arrgh…the joy of it all!

Yes that driver looks good, gonna order it today.

Hmm let me see what I did:

I have used or am about to use) the good parts of the following lights:
Cometa (lighted tail, driver, led)
All in the X1 host.

Replacement Cometa pill parts (driver led)
In a grey Convoy C8

Kronos X6 ALU
Tail in the grey C8

Kronos X6 ALU driver and led.
I ore ordered the new astrolux S41S and that has a tail PCB ready for the little LEDs to make it a lighted tail.
That tailpcb and kronos X6 led and driver I will put in a light that accepts the tail.

The Convoy C8 tail parts are now in the Kronos. And I plan on putting rge driver and led of the C8 there too and flash Biscotti on the driver. Not that I am going to use this flashlight since the ano is chipping off by just looking at it but leave it empty while having the parts to complete it seems silly.

lol…more parts. I took a cometa and xml2ed it. Keep the ideas coming. Havn’t played with a C8 in a while. Like!! Just got some of the little leds. Might as well start “flashing” too.

An XM-L2 has more throw than a XHP-50 or 70. Especially a dedomed, XM-L2…which will out throw a XP-L HI.

I did not know this. Very useful information.

Wow! you definitely have made use of all parts.

As for my original question, is there actually a build that will noticeably outperform the stock Z1 or would I basically just be building a stock light if I ordered the host?

Still tricky
It depends on the driver and LED ypu choose
I saw Simon is having the Biscotti driver (kind of Bistro lite) 8x7138 chips based. This will give about the same output with a XML2 BUT with sweet UI.

Banggood sells the FET+1 Bistro driver, this will give more output with a XML2 LED.

If you have parts around you can see what you can make.