Jetbeam HC20 vs Armytek wizard pro v2 vs Nitecore HC50 vs Skilhunt h02r

interesting… hope to see the review soon :wink:

I have all 4 in my posession now, waiting for the snow to clear, so i can make beamshots. Also a nw skilhunt h02 is on the way, and if it arrives soon enough, i’ll include it in.

You should love the H602w. Its my favorite headlight in its production form. The tint is very good. Not quite as good as the 5a2 or nichia 219, in my opinion, but very close. Unfortunately its not very mod friendly. That’s where the skilhunt and jetbeam headlights really shine.

The Jetbeam at $27.99 is an absolute bargain, especially considering it comes with a Jetbeam 2400mah protected 18650!

That’s a great idea, i didn’t know if i had prefered the beam of h02 or h02r so i have bought both of them in the end :stuck_out_tongue:

I have both CH10 and HC20. CH10 says 460 lumen warm white and HC20 800 lumen cool white. But, actually in brightness i do not see too much difference. And with dimming mode i always prefer CH10. And one more thing i discovered. A thin plastic having same funtion with “frozen glass”, i mean not very transperant, makes your hc20 or ch10 very floody light. Beam angle becomes 160-170 degree. And no need to stick it to the lens. Just try to cut with similar diameter with the lens and there is enough space in front of lens to squeeze the opaque plastik film.

This is a CD saver thin plastic

Good comparion!
wizard pro seem be good in your photo
what is the color temperature of wizard pro?
it seems be NW version(4000K.)

Now i have also the skilhunt h02 in hand and i hope to make the beamshots this week.
Wizard is 4000k yes.

Ohhhh…. I’m very interested in this. To provide a little spec data to the conversation, below is a table comparing the “highlights” of each model (I added in the Zebralight SC600 mkII and the Crelant CH10 out of my own interest). Models are sorted according to cost and all data is manufacturer provided. If there’s a category you’d like me to add, please let me know.

smithmal

So far, the JetBeam HC20 seems to be the best “bang for the buck.” The HC20 ($28) is second only to the Crelant CH10 ($25) in price. The HC20 also comes with a 2400mAH 18650 battery (which would run you another $10). From the specs, I like that it has a rather simple mode setting (3 modes: 800, 260, 15). Unfortunately the head lamp has thermal protection built in, so it steps down from 1.8A down to 1A after about 2 minutes of run time on the high mode (800 lumens). In other words, the posted 4 hours of run time on the high mode is not continuous run time. From the review posted below, the user only got about 2-2.5 hours of use on high mode (that’s using the JetBeam supplied 2400mAH battery) following the step down.

You can find a great review of the HC20 on this forum from Sirius 9 (click here).

I don’t know about the other lights but I love my HC50

Thanks for the review and heads up on the price. I just ordered the HC20. I have the HC50 and it is quite a bit heavier than the HC20.

koyotee,

Are you still planning on doing a “head-to-head” comparison of the three headlamps you mentioned?

smithmal

+1

Haven’t you heard, koyotee was kidnaped 5 days ago, they demanded all his flashlights but he refused to give his beloved light so they took him. :stuck_out_tongue:

I received an HC20 in the mail today. There’s an audible whine when it’s not in the highest mode on this light. It’s very low audible level. I haven’t tried it out too much, but that’s the thing that caught my attention so far. I do not notice this with my Nitecore HC50 (which is like a tank compared to the CH10 and HC20).

bgyen,

Did you order the HC20 from Gearbest and if so, when? I’m still waiting for mine and I ordered it on 3/17/15. Thanks for the info regarding the whine… I’ll be on the lookout for that.

smithmal

Yes, Gearbest is where I ordered from. I ordered Feb 15th, a couple days before you. I started a PayPal dispute on Mar 28th. The tracking number provided showed it was in the country, but I wanted to protect myself just in case.

About the noise. It’s quite faint, but since a headlight is close to the ears it’s more pronounced. I have some other lights which exhibit the same when they’re running on lower level modes. One that comes to mind is a stock Convoy S8. I believe it’s a component regulating the voltage level causing the noise.

I’m just wondering if the HC20 I received has a sub-par component or if all HC20s’ are like this. I don’t see any mention of noise in any of the reviews I read. Again, the noise is very faint so maybe not everyone’s hearing is so sensitive.

Just tested mine for the whine and yes I didn’t notice it befor but there is a subtle whine on medium that gets louder as I cover the beam with my hand but I have to have it up to my ear to hear it
I prefer the ch10 mainly because it’s not as clunky and the ramping of the ch10 is a handy feature

more pics?