Jetbeam i4 PRO intellicharger $18

https://www.google.lv/search?q=Jetbeam+i4+PRO+intellicharger&oq=Jetbeam+i4+PRO+intellicharger&aqs=chrome.0.57&sugexp=chrome,mod=19&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

First result in Google search is the one you cant find :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks, I was using CPF search… XP

Just got my charger the other day from DD. I love it. It is much more useful than the Xtar WP-2 because it can charge 4 lion cells and also charge Eneloops.

I dropped in 4 18650s and charged them. Then I dropped in 4 different AA and AAAs of various states of discharge. No problem. It can charge a cell at a time.

I had been using my 4 slot Energizer charger that had to charge in pairs for my NiMh and my two slot Xtar for LiOn. The i4 means I can just use it and not have to have two chargers.

I recommend this for someone who wants to charge both LiOn and NiMh. It is great to be able to only charge one cell if thats what you want.

Pure speculation on my side, but judging by its pics it could have the same problem charging AAA sized batteries that previous iteration of i4 V2 has - bad contact between positive ends of battery and positive contact of charger due to chargers positive end being rised(sp?) to allow flat top lithium battery charge.
AAA is just too small to fit in perfectly without wobbling or moving off from that chargers nipple-like positive contact lol .
Tip versus tip is not good especially with wobbly spring action that isnt enough to hold small AAA cells firmly inside the charger.

Id be cautious if charging AAA batteries with this one.

Again, PURE SPECULATION on my side only judging by my and other members experience with problems charging AAA sized batteries in i4 V2 that has the same positive contact design btw.

No problem with AAA or 10440. It works fine.

For now, mine worked fine for months until couple of days ago.
Just keep in mind to be be extra cautious when charging AAA cells and keep an eye on their temperatures and charging times :D!

What happens if the battery slips off the contact? It just won’t charge is my guess. What’s so scary about that? Or is there a danger in it it somehow?

I think they are scared because of the high current with which aaa are charged…

Here:

And here:

Thats why Im trying to re-post this information in those threads discussing i4 V2 and i4 PRO.

During first days of owning i4 V2 it overcharged/overheated two of AA’s that were charging in it. It has never happened again, until couple of days ago one of AAA’s was so hot that I couldnt even touch it and had to put it into empty bath tub in a fear of it leaking or bursting, it was that hot!

the black one says Interllicharger too omfg

I read most of this thread here, am interested in buying an i4 since ages, but now am confused which version from where is safe to charge 4x 18650s simultaneously for a good price (around 20 bucks).
Can somebody more enlightened recommend me something?

The i4 is safe with 4 x 18650, the i4 uses 2 paired bays,
best is read this complete review to get an idea if it suits your needs.
Here

The link doesn’t work unfortunately but you answered my question anyway. Thank you.

Not the jetbeam but they can be had from ebay for $19.95 & free shipping. I just recently bought 2. Search for Nitecore i4 v2. You might be able to find it for less, I’ve seen it Wallbuys instant kill for like $15 I think. Try this link:

http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20SysMax%20i4%20V2%20UK.html

My Jetbeam I4 failed the other day. Only a few months old. Said some batteries were full, despite being low voltage, and did not detected others. (WB handled the issue nicely though so I will get a Nitecore I4 as replacement.)

So far there have been zero issues with my Nitecore (although I have not used it for many months). Like the Jetbeam it gets hot too. I have always made sure it does not sit on carpet or anything. If charging 4 cells, I often put the wire under it so that there can be some airflow.

I have only used the chargers for li-ion batteries.

The bad thing about my Nitecore I4 was that the springs was quite crappy. There is a little fight getting the long batteries in. The Nitecore charger also had slightly less space for the long NCR18650B batteries. Combination of that and crappy springs did not help.

The Jetbeam I4 had some sort of high frequent noise that the Nitecore charger did not have. That could be a bit annoying. Springs were good though. Charging lights was not synchronized like on the Nitecore.

Due to the "noise" from the Jetbeam I preferred the Nitcore charger out of my two units. But they both had annoying flaws.

Charging four high capacitly li-ions takes a long time compared to my chargers with a 1amp charge current (or more).

I have not done any measurements (and they would suck if I did), but based on my use, I would rate both the chargers as mediocre. Considering the price, they are ok.

Mine was hard to move on stock too.
The springs aren’t the problem, the metal rubs on the plastic. One drop of oil and it is smooth as hell…

A little bit of oil and it was 10 times better! Its so much nicer to put the long batteries in now! Thanks Werner! :party:

Where and how did you folks oil the metal slides? I just got mine and they are very stiff/sticking grrrrrrr

I just took a drop of oil on my finger and applied it on the plastic where the metal slider goes back and forth. Took the metal slider back and forth several times. Then wiped of any extra oil..

Edit: taking some silicone oil on a cotton swap and applying it with that would be easier and less messy.

Nice. I had a look at mine again and I think I’ll pull the metal slide back some and try a Q-Tip with a tiny little bit of silicone and see how that does. I just wanted to minimize any lubricant there not to have a mess and get on batteries etc. Don’t want to take it apart just yet. :wink: