JetuE21A - VERY High CRI AAA EDC - REVIEW

Thanks for the review. Can’t wait for the Jetusolis and Jetue21a I ordered.

Have any of those who ordered these lights received theirs yet? I’m curious not only about the opinions of other owners about the lights themselves, but also how long shipping is taking.

My guess is that there’s another review in the works…

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btv3KmsBhuv/?hl=en

Looking forward to hear what others think of the light.

It is always great to see Maukka’s data.

And thanks for your review, as well, especially the beamshots and regulation test.

I work slow, shipping is also slow = Slow slow

- Clemence

FTFY, just had to do it.

Your work is just amazing Clemence honestly.

Thank you BSM :blush:
I was truly confused to see the quoted reply. And then I realized you did it, hahaha. I sometimes forgot what I just did, aging symptoms looks like it….

- Clemence

Very nice review and light.

Are there any that could mount for bezel up carry for hat brim mount?

That’s understandable. Partially I was curious why I wasn’t seeing more people showing off their lights, and I also wanted an idea how long it will take once I decide what I want.

Keep up the good work.

Just let me know if you want me to keep one piece for you. So far 80pcs/100pcs already taken.

EDIT: No commitment needed, because you’re lucky

- Clemence

Ordered on January, 23., Shipped on February, 4. Arrived on February, 14.;

10 Days Shipping from Indonesia to Germany is quite fast :+1:

First impression is impressive; I´ve never owned a jet-u; it seems of a good quality host, even the clip. The anodization is bit more on the dark side compared to the Jet-1 MK

The only thing is with the OEM optic. I also see a yellow corona around the spot and I don´t like this well defined Spot. So first thing I will do is change the optic :sunglasses:

The discoloration with the OEM optic is not as evident with the 2000K E21A, but here’s some tests I did comparing it to the 20 degree one, which is my favorite.

The modest discoloration is visible in this test between about 13-14 degrees as a sudden shift and return of the tint deviation.

Thanks for all those great measurements Maukka.

You’re lucky I don’t live near your place, otherwise I’ll knock your door with a big box full of TIR optics. I have approximately 80 different sizes and types of TIR optics.)

2000K and 3000K don’t suffer discoloration from OEM optic as bad as the rest of the cooler CCTs. Paired with 6500K there’s a sharp green halo. I installed the OEM to make packing easier. It’s easy to mislook between Jetusolis and JetuE21A.
Your graph shows how TIR optics gives us better control over the beam angle. OEM and 30° (the one with recessed hole) optic designed very similar to reflector, controls only the high angle light emission and let the central emissions exit free as wide spill. 10° and 20° optics collimate all light emission better to make combined total tighter beam angle with less waste spill.

- Clemence

I just got my Jetusolis 5000K and Jetu E21A 4500K. If anyone is wondering, I placed the order on Jan 22, it shipped Feb 3 and I got it in the USA on Feb 14, so right about 3 weeks from the date of order, which is about par for ePacket shipping in my experience.

The Jetusolis 5000K puts out a really nice, pure white, diffuse beam. Shining it around the house in the dark and outside at night, I don’t notice any colors that are shifted in tint or darker than they should be. By itself, it has no tint and whites appear pure white, but in comparison to a warmer light, it appears just slightly cool. It would be perfect for any kind of medical uses. I find it to be a really pleasant tint of light, especially in comparison to low CRI 5000K and cooler whites. It reminds me of my Astrolux S43 with Nichia 219C LEDs. The S43, which I previously considered to have the purest white, most diffuse beam in my collection, is slightly yellow by comparison and shows whites from freshly bleached laundry as slightly off-white, whereas the Jetusolis 5000K shows them as the pure white that they appear in sunlight. Blues and purples are brighter also with the Jetusolis 5000K than the S43.

I’m still trying to decide between the 20 degree TIR and the 30 degree TIR for the E21A. I like diffuse beams for these single AAA flashlights so I can have a lot of light working up close and no hot spot, but the 20 degree TIR is fairly diffuse (albeit less than the 30 degree), has noticeably more throw and the hot spot goes away at medium brightness. The E21A 4500K has great color rendering, but shows whites as just a shade pink, which you don’t need to compare it to a cooler light to see. The pink tint makes skin tones really pop, though, which is a cool, pleasant effect. I think I’m starting to understand why so many people seem to go nuts for pink-tinted 4500K Nicha LEDs, although I am still deciding whether I like the tint or not and how much. At the very least, it’s a unique flashlight to have in my collection.

To be honest, I ordered both of these as more of a curiosity. I don’t really consider myself a tint snob and prior to a few months ago, I was uninitiated in high CRI vs low CRI flashaholism. Hence, I ordered two with different emitters, unsure if I’d like one, both or neither. These flashlights are both good additions to my collection, and if I have one regret, it’s that I didn’t order a few bare LEDs at the same time I bought these for if I do eventually learn how to modify larger flashlights.

Very nice! I didn’t know it was possible to substitute the optics in this light. The build quality is phenomenal for something you can buy at only $10 USD. Also, it’s not jet black… but a very dark brown, kind of “titanium brown” if you will. Really nice color.

My only real gripe on the Jetbeam U other than low not being moonlight is the screw threads being rather short.

For comparison, just check it out compared to a Fenix L0D which has the “appropriate” width of screw threads.

great review, great TIR comparisons… I dont have JetU, but Clemence put an E21a in another light for me… the color is sooo rich… I just love it!
2000k E21a, behind an Aspheric lens:

thanks for review. I am blown away by clemence’s work!.

I hope to add a review soon with my new Wizard Pro and Jet and Opto.

Follow up to my initial review.
I liked the light so much so I ended up buying another Jetue21a in 3000K to complement the one above (4500K).
I am very impressed at how well the 3000K renders the reds and browns. Unbelievably rich and well saturated.

The two will serve me well and the 3000K will live on my bedside table.

Long Term Update:

Since the initial review, I now own 3 x Jetue21a in three different flavours (2200K, 3000K, and 4500K).
I have played around with the different TIR optics. My conclusion is the same as my original review, the 20 degrees more heavily pebbled TIR is the best optic to use. I find the 10 degree, although has a more defined hotspot, has noticeable tint shift around the beam. The 20 degree TIR has no tint shift and renders beautifully.

These little Jetbeams are my most used lights indoors :slight_smile: