Johnny Cash inspired parts bin build DBC LOC 5.3.18 Finished! :D

I’m not gonna lie when you said Carolina reaper is budding in the corner the first thing I was thinking of wasn’t flowers. I was thinking did Texas legalize already. There’s no way he’s showing his grow if it not legal yet. It up to 7 or 8 states now legal to grow
That’s the perfect marijuana stain name

Well, this is legal but I don’t know if it ought to be! What am I gonna do with dozens of 2 million Scoville unit peppers?

Group buy! Or better yet Giveaway! I see you just recently passed 17000 posts! :wink:

Seriously, though, get a juicer, and make your own “mace” pepper spray. No critter on Earth would be crazy enough to pursue you after a spritz from that!

Use a little bit at a time in some jambalaya and gumbos, red beans and rice Can always sry some out crush it up and mix it with some crushed red pepper. Put a little bit in some rotel dip. Which is usually 3 cans two drained i use two hots one regular. You can drain 1 depends on the spice level you want. 2lbs of meat. Sometimes 1.5, a block of veletta cut up into cubes. And 16oz of sour cream. And cook until melted. Brown the beef first. And I use tortilla chips to eat it with. My wife uses red Doritos. It would go great in that

Red beans isn’t red beans without hot sauce. I use crushed red pepper on pizza and other things. I’d mix it in with my red pepper to bring the spice down a little bit but higher then red pepper alone

I have multiple little sprouts of Red Savina Habanero about to be transplated to the garden outside. :slight_smile:

Awesome the hot rotel is made with habanero

Habanero is typically about half the heat of Red Savina. :wink:

A beamshot, my first with this phone, from the iPhone 8…

I didn’t get my settings right, should have set it up like my usual but I, uh, forgot. This is at f1.8 1/4 second at 40 ISO.

The driver is acting up. And I glued the light together with JB Weld. Reckon I better try to get the pill apart tonight because tomorrow will be too late…

The glued bits are permanent already, but fortunately I had left a “back door” to get to the driver and I managed to remove the driver. I’ll build a new driver tomorrow and get it working properly.

The lower lumens I was seeing was also probably due to the X6 driver with a sub-par MOSFET. Should see pretty significant change tomorrow…

Built a new driver for the LOC using a base FET board that Wight designed some time back. I used a simple 3 level firmware for easy L-M-H operation. This one has the SIR800DP FET on it. :wink:

So, with the 20700A charged to 4.19V (99%) it now makes

0.26A at 94.185 lumens
2.50A at 593.4 lumens
8.91A at 1911.3 lumens

Out of curiosity I put an orange peel L6 reflector in it to see what it’d do…

100.05 lumens
658.95 lumens
2076.9 lumens (edit…2118 with the cell charged fully)

So the faceted IlluminationMachines reflector is actually costing some output. I’ll get a mirror finish L6 reflector and go with that, probably have to inset the emitter shelf a few mmm and cut a wider centering inset so I can use a 26mm MaxToch MCPCB to get good clearance on the contacts….