Just a couple Astrolux'ssssssssssssss

Sorry guys, not doing pics on the new s41, going to return it.

Optics don’t look lined up with the led’s, mcpcb looks white, not red like the one I got from BG.

The screws holding the mcpcb on are not lined up between optics, legs dont look broken but im not gonna take the chance, bezel glued and cant see for sure.

Threads are dry.

Finger prints on back of optic.

Bezel is glued.

mcpcb looks to be white?…

Shitty thing is looks like the code doesnt work anymore, should i return it?

I remember using “super clean” back in the day and thinking… man this stuff takes forever to rinse off! nope it was my skin melting, oops.

Also remember it taking off the info on the engine compartment tag in my first Datsun 510.

LOl, that was the old Castrol Super Clean. New, just Super Clean, is not at all that bad anymore. I usually buy it and Simple Green too. The evil SHtuff I know is the Zep Industrial Purple from HD.

My 2nd S41 had the White MCPCB. Now its the Tpad XP-L HI

Thread lube; I am not too fussy. I always have a needle oiler with synthetic Mobil 1 laying around. I also have a squueze tube of Super Lube Thermal Grease. Silicone oil and silicone grease. What ever is closest.

Me… I wouldn’t send it back. I have low expectations. Every light I get, gets about 10 general repairs and fixes.
If you really can not get it apart, send it back.

I REALLY CANNOT GET IT APART.

Wish I could. I have a month to keep it.

Sucks it has the finger prints on the back of the optic. I would mod my first one and keep this one stock if it didn’t have them.

Got a vise and rubber jaw pads?
Squeeze the bezel in vise, turn a bit, squeeze again. Get full rotation of squeezes and try by hand. Turn light on get it hot, try again… repeat from beginning in vise.

First S41 opened pretty easily and had softer pliable glue. Second sucked to say the least. Once I got it, the glue was hard. Kinda powdered to white on the threads as it cracked loose and I UN threaded it.

I’ll give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks!

Still could not get it off, ended up trading it to a friend that got jealous of all my cool lights, it worked fine, just had the finger prints on back of bezel. He didnt seem to mind, he is all about it now!