Just another 2 times 2D Mag mod, photo heavy - One is done, the other is DOA. 50% survival rate. That's all folks.

Yes, I will show the battery holder mod.

2 new OL masterpieces :slight_smile:

Added a video on the battery holder just now, at the bottom of the OP.

Pure magic OL. I can well believe it took a day to build. Again I dip my hat to your creativity and abilities. Thanks.

We can ALWAYS count on OL!!! Many Thanks! Dan.

Well, not Always! The Polished light just died! It died a prolonged death, but it's now resting in the big flashlight graveyard, (better known as my dumpster).

The battery holder shorted out and 8 Eneloops gave 'er all they could, as in direct short. Not very pretty, but it was very smelly. It's all my fault. I know what I did wrong and it was something that I saw, but didn't remember to do before I tried out the light. The first time I put the holder in, it worked fine and it was bright as hell, with a really tight beam, but the second time, positive to ground ended up melting the holder and the switch before I could get it opened back up. I think the drivers survived and possibly the led, but the holder went bye bye, along with the switch and most likely, four Eneloops.

I then decided to just go with one 4x holder and make it a cut down. Bad luck continued and I managed to ruin the body for good, so it all went bye,bye. Many not very nice things were said, some of them I didn't know I remembered, because they were in different languages. Anyhow, the builds are done. 50% survival rate isn't too good.

You and I both are not doing too good with lights at the moment. After the PM I sent you the other day I’ve been gardening ever since. The place looks really nice outside at the moment.

Sorry to hear about the #2’s demise…

In the adventure sports world, they say “If you’re not flying (crashing), you’re not trying.” Hope you appreciate that we’re learning from your experiences.

Maglites are pretty roomy, I wonder if a 10-15A fuse could be incorporated into the battery carrier.

AAARRRGGH!

I’ve made a few springs glow myself and it royally sucks. Condolences.