Just can't resist ordering the BLF Q8.

I have a couple of lights where I stick a tiny little neodymium magnet to the top to make a “button” on the flat top batteries.
It works pretty well.

Can’t do that with the Q8 though. But yeah, works good with lights like nitecores that require button tops

great prices, thank you all.

By any chance are these the same versions of Q8? I think I saw somewhere that their Amzn store has version 2 right now. Couldn’t verify banggood or ebay sofar.

Yep, and pretty soon the OP will be posting “Just can’t resist opening/modding the BLF Q8”.

Buy some Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC6 button tops and don’t look back. They are a very nice combination of capacity and high drain that will give you great performance in all but the most demanding modded lights.

I love my second release Q8. I smile every time I press the illuminated power switch.

The only buttontops I’m finding in stock stateside in a brand that I’m confident with are the LG H2 at Mountain Electronics. I use LG the flattops in all my other flashlights. These should be good in the Q8, huh?

Yes, the LG HG2 3000mAh will work great

I had to click a link on the page to redeem Thorfire’s special offer. Then it worked.

W

One of the offers says :smiling_imp:

heres a code for $48.50

Illumn.com have lg mj1 button top for $5.99 each.

Rats! My BLF Q8 will be here tomorrow and no word from Mountain Electronics on the LG H2’s(the only high-discharge buttontops I could find state-side). Gonna be hard not to try it out. Think my flattop 30q’s or my flattop LG H2’s might work …….ya know….just for a glimpse?

BM, for future needs

Edit
……Fixed

Link isn’t working, Arsee.

The batteries might not all make good contact, and they might discharge unevenly. But it will work with only one battery making contact, so it’ll be fine short-term just to play with, just maybe not at completely optimal brightness.

That’s what I suspected and was hoping to hear. Thanks. :+1:

I got mine through ThorFireDirect on Amazon. Got it in two days and through in 30Q button tops. I’ve had it about a month now and although I have a pretty decent collection of flashlights it’s the only light I use on a daily basis. I just love the ramping mode. It’s a must have and best bang for the buck.

For all who like RAMPING, there is the FW3A cooking.
(there is a thread for it :slight_smile: )

Oops, fixed ^