Just got my UF HD2010

Just got my HD2010 today from Tmart based on JohnnyMac's review. This is my first UF light & so far I like it alot. Unfortunatly my 18650 battery is not due to arrive for a week. Its killing me not to be able to fire this thing up. Oh well they say patience is a virtue... I have 2 questions about this light. 1. Where can I get a replacement black tailcap cover (hate the green). 2. The LED is way off center. Dont know if it will make a big difference with throw but it bugs me. Is this easily correctible? If so can someone document the procedure. It seems the star is glued down with some sort of thermal adhesive.

Thanks

Not sure about the tailcap, others will chime in on that. Yes the reflector can shift around a bit. Mine was the same way, and its worth the time / effort to get it centered. You need to unscrew the bezel carefully, so as to not tear the gaskets. I tore one of my gaskets taking it apart, so I had to buy another lube it up and re-tighten everything back. Just losen it a little to get the reflector dish to jiggle around and center itself and re-tighten.

I ordered a HD2010 yesterday for a review, from a site called Lightmalls.

I will do a review when I get it, I hope it lives up to my expectations!

From Johnny’s review:

It takes 16mm tailcaps. Shiningbeam has a nice 6 pack of three colors…I also ordered this set recently from KD and received it in about a week, crazy fast http://kaidomain.com/Product/Details.S020343

IOS sells blue boots that go really nicely with the grey HD2010.

Just got my HD2010 today to add to my already growing collection. Can’t wait for the dark to come! Hot Brass

After playing with the UF HD2010,I may consider selling my new Fenix TK41,the HD2010 is that good! Too many lights and one more on the way. Thanks,Hot Brass

Yeah, with good cells it’s a killer light :cool:

"too many lights"

Oh, that takes me back.

howitusedtobeFoy