Just need a little help

Goodness, joining this forum was a bear…

Anyway, I want to buy a few lights for Christmas presents for people that only know that a flashlight is something that requires massive D batteries or whatever.

I initially wanted to buy a few BFL A6 lights, but I also wanted to get a couple something more powerful as well. I thought the other one was called Sorphin s70, but of course I’ve tried to google that and nothing came up. Anyway, on top of all this I also can’t seem to follow the battery issue. It’s like you need to go to 8 different websites to order all this mess haha. Anyway, I’m somewhat committed to this now, so any help is much appreciated.

Try Sofirn S70.

I was close! Where do you buy these, and batteries? I did a Google search and basically couldn’t find anything. It’s like when Amazon Prime is just not helpful…

They are on AliExpress and on Ebay.

In my experience those stores can be difficult to find:

Sofirn official store

The Sofirn SP70 is also on amazon

Those are my favorite places for batteries.

The Nitecore D2 or D4 is a good charger, and you can probably get by with some Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC5s for now.

Not to be a wet blanket, but giving a hi-po flashlight to a muggle is like giving a gun to a monkey. It ain’t gonna end well.

Especially multi-cell lights, where cells need to be matched and watched (ie, don’t count on LVP cutting off when one cell gets drained too low), or when a light face-down on a table get burn a hole in the wood and/or set things on fire.

At least a BLF Q8 has all cells in parallel, and the kissing-cousin Airpro DC7 has built-in usb charging. Monkey-proof.

And 5000 lemons ain’t anything to sneeze at.

An SC31 is meant for The Muggle, has built-in charging, etc., and is pretty bright on its own. When it first came out I thought it was a “meh…” light, but in actuality it’s quite nice.

I would tend to agree. For someone new to flashlights something like a SC31 or Wowtac A1S should suffice. Plenty of “Wow” factor with the 1100 lumen turbo mode and the included 18650 w/ usb charging is fairly user friendly. My first decent flashlight was a TN12 and it was way brighter than any consumer grade flashlight I’ve owned before that.

Once you get into the S70 territory you should make sure that whoever is using it has some degree of proficiency with Li-ion batteries. The S70 itself is pretty tame imo.

Agreed about using lithiums in a series, it’s no joke. Since your going with Astrolux BLF A6 you may as well go with their other product Astrolux FT03 XHP50.2 it’s 4300 lumen and a has built in a charger.