Kaidomain Zoomable Host

Has anyone purchased one of these hosts from Kaidomain.com?

If so, what do you like/dislike about it?

I almost bought that host once. Only thing is it’s a twister like the ultra fire ones and i prefer telescoping zoomies. Otherwise if that doesn’t bug you it’s a nice host

1 Thank

It is probably similar to the On The Road Z821.

1 Thank

Thank!
I like that knurling on the Z821!

I found this post:
Edit: I found your post!

How do you know it’s a Twister?

I have an UltraFire that looks very similar to this and it’s not a twister.

Maybe it was uniqueFire? I have one of those and it’s a twist zoomie.

1 Thank

It’s interesting that there is a shallow reflector instead of normal white / black gasket. I wonder what sort of effects it will have on the beam profile.

1 Thank

Yeah, I’m pretty sure it won’t be good, so I’m planning to paint it black with some BBQ paint.

If it tries to collect more emitter side spill and redirect it forward, the convex lens in front would then totally mess it up making tons of uncontrolled spill. If you like spill then it could be a good thing I guess.

1 Thank

I’m sure I’ve had this zoomie once. And I’m nearly sure it slides not twists.
Besides i can remember the quality was adequate to the price. Thin pill, loose threads, plastic lens, rough grinding.

Nonetheless very good to start adventure with moding zoomies. No tears when you screw something up.

1 Thank

I was hoping it was better than it appeared.
I think you may have just talked me out of it.

It’s takes 1 and 1/2 to 2 months for KD to get an order to me.

I really like the look of the Z821 but I’m not ready to drop $36 for a small Zoomie host at this time.
I might mess around with my UltraFire Zoomies a little more.

You say $36?
When I hit your link i get price $12.89. Considering order above $20 the shipping is free, so the total cost to EU is less than 13 bucks which I still consider high looking at what you get. :thinking:

If so, don’t bother and get Z1 from Convoy. Should be around $33 shipped.

The $36 was referencing the OTR Z821 which looks similar to the KD Host.
Look at the 3rd/4th comments in this thread for a full review and tear down of it.

I have a Z1/SFT40/8A Buck and I like it a lot, but I was looking to build a decent smaller Zoomie.

1 Thank