Emisar D3AA is available now

AV software in these days is the malware.

-> https://www.cnet.com/news/antivirus-firm-avast-is-reportedly-selling-users-web-browsing-data/

If you are using Windows use the AV software that comes with it. Do not install 3rd party AV software.

I’m tempted to order the kr4… is there a promotion discount for it?

I’m afraid we do not have the discount code.

Hank,

Please offer E21 in warm CCT (ie: 2000-3000K)!

Very exciting!

Avast is pretty good, better than paying software. This site already had several security problems so its not surprising.

Here’s a few rough estimates at 5A based on Maukka’s data for 95 CRI versions, assuming 90% optical transmission:
2000K - 900 lumens
3000K - 1200 lumens
4000K - 1300 lumens
6500K - 1400 lumens

7A gets about 30% more. I’m a little concerned about how close it would get to the 10-11A peaks that Texas Ace and Clemence saw in their bench tests, which had better cooling than a flashlight.

I know the ability to go higher when desired is always wanted, but I’m excited that there’s even a 5A E21A configuration on its way.

I’m confused. Is all your inventory available at the U.S. Warehouse?

thanks

Only the items on the US warehouse page are in the US. Rest are in China.

Looks like the only things currently at the U.S. warehouse are a couple versions of grey D4V2. Everything else ships from China.

Never was, never will.

May I ask how did you found such information? I still see J4 HB4 in Hank’s shop, but if there are J5 HB4 maybe there are K2 FB4 or some other 4000K.

I am struggling to resist the siren song of the SST-20 3000K; it would help to know when the E21 versions will be available; also, CCT and anticipated tint bin would help to make a decision.

HB4 will be very green/yellow. Hank said he has the J2-JA3-VH for SST-20 2700K LED. This emitter if same as the Fireflies one is very nice with slight rosiness. Much better than the 3000K.

Hank said he is using the FA3 4000K version now instead of the FB4 version. He said he don’t remember which emitter he had in the sample sent to TK for testing.

I hope he list all the tint bin and flux bin on his website. It makes a big difference to many of us.

Any chance we can get a size comparison pic between a d4v2 and the new KR4? Also, may be a dumb question - there’s no chance of a magnetic tailcap option in the future due to the tail switch right?

OOPS! :person_facepalming: Sorry folks, I meant to say FB4 tint. I’ve now corrected my post. The HB4 (3000K) tint is listed as J4.

Any word on if we can expect an SBT-90.2 version of the K1? The 21700 form factor is perfect for sending 30A through the emitter and the build quality would far superior to the FT03S

What would be the main difference of the Noctigon KR4 with the Emisar D4? Both are quad-LEDs, but the KR4 is limited to 5 Amps max, so highest mode won’t be as high as D4.

However, in actual usage (after the D4 starts the thermal stepdown), any idea how differently the KR4 and the D4 will perform differently? Or will they just be similar?

The KR4 also has DD FET, so it is regulated (I assume linear FET) up to 5A and has DD FET for turbo. The biggest difference is the tail switch on the KR4 and side switch on the D4/D4v2.

~ 1200lm on the E21A will be plenty consider is a very high CRI high R9 and neutral-rosy (only D220 bin) emitter.

I’m waiting to see this driver in a 21700 or 26650 ligt to replace my MF01 Mini.

I too hope Hank can put a SBT90.2 in the K1.