Emisar D3AA is available now

I wonder what kind of power we’ll be able to get out of a 30T with an SBT90.2

Well, i suspect some error margin in Djozz’s test since the Acebeam K75 is rated for 6300 Lm, Chibim tested it on 1Lumen.com and measured 9A.

Is there a datasheet for the 90.2 somewhere or do i need to use other search terms?

I’ve seen the k75’s sbt90.2 tested as 4800 lumens by several testers. Grin pulled the driver and tested 28.7 amps. They didn’t even rate the GT90 above 5000 lumens.

Grin’s driver K75 driver

Acebeam scams the specs, as do many.

Yes - the only way to get 4500 lumens out of a SBT90.2 is very high amps, so yes - the driver is FET+5A regulated. Also if you compare to an Astrolux FT03S, keep in mind Astrolux scammed the throw specs as well - gotta check the FT03S thread and check the real #'s BLFers got. So the 420 kcd Hank is reporting looks pretty darn good. Still hoping the 420 kcd is conservative though.

The FT03S is definitely FET based, so if the K1 beats the FT03S, then yes - must be FET+5A.

Probably the K1 SBT90.2 will have stock high qual springs, so bypasses should still give you an amp bump. It gets insane trying to pull 20-30 amps from one cell, so that's the biggest bottle neck. With triple XHP50.2 3V's on one GOLISI cell, very hard to break 30 amps, then it drops like a rock anyway. Would be great with a 3P 21700 setup - that would be my ideal SBT90.2 thrower with 3 40T's.

Vinh said the K1 reflector does not work well with the SBT90.2. Beam won’t focus without major reflector mod. Will the SBT90.2 version have a different reflector?

Acebeam lumens are usually over rated though their throw specs are usually under rated. The K75 output spec is the worst I’ve seen for Acebeam. I measured 4.3k lumens :frowning:

Vinh is a respected modder, but Hank is to be trusted.

The center hole will certainly have to be made larger, but I see no other reason why the SBT90.2 would not focus.

Hank makes flashlights for a living… Vinh mods Hanks and other’s Flashlights for a living… BIG Difference…

Way to go Hank! :slight_smile:

My question still holds. Will the SBT90.2 version use a different/modified reflector. This is for my own curiosity.

Any chance we can get more info about the bin and CRI?

Got my K4 in the mail the other day, absolutely love this light! Something I noticed though…side by side with my D4V2 which has identical emmiters (XPL-HI V2 D5) the K4 is noticeably brighter to the eye, both with fully charged identical cells. I expected them to be about the same since Hank’s site lists the same lumen output for both. Is it because of the different driver?

In other news…can’t believe I missed the blue swirl D4V2! Hope he gets more in…just sayin!

I would say the reflector would have to be (engineered/manufactured) specific to the SBT90.2….can’t see Hank using a step bit or chamfer tool to open up the emitter hole…like a modder would… :smiley:

Hank is the only person who can answer that.

Valid question though, i know that Simon mentioned that the L2 reflector is better suited for throw than the L6. It might be that the parabolic shape is optimized for the LED die size and throw combo.

Make sure you clean all contacts with alcohol and retest. From my experience, sometimes thread grease can get on contacts and makes a huge difference in output.

Are you comparing at double-click from off (top of the ramp on D4, 5A for KR4 which should be significantly higher) or on (full turbo)?

Price? Hopefully not more than $120.

Yes, that is correct.

The reflector is specially made for SBT90.2 LED to gain better beam pattern and forcus