Emisar D3AA is available now

Can you check the Anduril version of your D4v2 with E21A?

I tried flashing the D4v2.5-NoFET-2020-07-08 (Anduril 1) hex file on my D4v2 with 4x E21A, which resulted in party strobe mode that’s very dim (yup, like a very dim ‘lightning storm’ mode).
I then flashed it to anduril.2020-04-27.noctigon-kr4-nofet (Anduril 1) hex file, and party strobe mode works normally.

I’ve subsequently updated it to Anduril 2 (2020-09-27-KR4-NoFET) and party strobe mode also works normally.
(there is a newer Anduril 2 version now, which I haven’t tried).

I’m not sure if the 16x E21A will work properly with the above hex files though (since mine is the regular 4x E21A)…

Thanks d_t_a!
It has the version from 2020-07-08, so that’s the issue. Not that I really care to fix it, don’t have a flash kit and no real use for that strobe.

On another note, I know that the mules use a 7.5A driver, is that done in software or is it using different hardware?

The KR4 driver has trouble with the fast switching on that strobe mode. There is a config flag that changes the timing, but it appears to have been left off some builds.

In the Anduril 2 repository, this is around line 48 of cfg-noctigon-kr4-nofet.h:
// slow down party strobe; this driver can’t pulse for 1ms or less
// (only needed on no-FET build)
#define PARTY_STROBE_ONTIME 2

Although the comment says it’s only needed on the no-FET build, I’ve found it to be needed on my other KR4’s, too.

What is the weight of copper D4v2 with 18650 & 18350 tube (vs aluminium version)?

Here you can find the weight with the 18650 tube, I can weight it with the 18350 tube tomorrow.

Has anyone heard from Hank lately? It looks like his web host is having a problem today, and I don’t see any info about it yet.

I heard from him last week, and his site seems to be working for me.

Interesting. All I can get is a banner saying “SUSPENDED”.

Just ordered a light, it’s working .

Ordered two lights from Hank today today, emailed Hank 2 days ago and got a response yesterday. Normal 24 hour response time from him as usual.

It's been like that for a while now, but the first link in the OP of this thread works fine for me.

For more information, check out the following thread:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/65557

Should we get start a petition to ask Hank to start installing lighted switches in the d4s v2? I Mean I know this has been talked about in his thread for the d4v2, but I think the d4s needs it. So it would be perfect :smiley: or at least offer d4sv2 in titanium/ copper so we can get that switch

Thanks, didn’t see that thread before. I guess it’s only the front page which doesn’t work. I wonder what happened.

365nm UV, 8 pcs mule version available.

My K1 green Osram just arrived. (Green body of course). I shined it on a white wall and the spot was too bright to look at. Can’t wait to try this thing out tonight

Hmmm, UV…I still don’t have any UV.

I wonder what led it is, super curious.

I have four UV lights - all 365 nm. Very cool :). I don’t use them much these days though

What can you use them for other than finding questionable stains?

They’re fun to shine on stuff in the dark and watch colors fluoresce. I think people use them for exploring caves and looking for scorpions

It gives you the ability to see even more stuff with your lights, so count me in!