Emisar D3AA is available now

How does this B35AM led compare to the SST20 in output and throw?

Hi Hank will W1 be an option?

Anyone notice the prototype DM11 green is different from the production unit?

Yes, it’s available, please order W2 LED on the site, and let us know the order number, we will send the W1 version.

Ordered a green/green xhp35 HI dm11, very excited! Thanks Hank!

Hank, is it possible to get the CULPM1 in dm11? Or no appropriate mcpcb being made for it?

thank you Luxwad!

Sorry to hear the clip is not deep carry..

Luxwad- would you measure the distance from the "groove" near the tail cap in battery tube where the clip would attach to the end of the tail cap?

I’m afraid no appropriate mcpcb was made.

Must be this:

Can someone please explain what are these B35AM led emitters?
What are their plus points, why to choose them?

Which led emitter will you choose for this FL and why?

Thank you

Kind regards

Zivjo sused!

It’s 6V R9080 emitter. Translated super bright Nichia 219B

@gregor

The B35AM is basically four Nichia E21A in one package. The main feature is a very high CRI (96).

Ordered the green one with the W2 green emitter yesterday. Anyone know where I can get the battery I'm having trouble tracking one down from my normal sources.

B35AM and xhp35 options are also more expensive because they use a Boost driver that is most likely more efficient than the linear ones used with 3V emitters.

I wondered whether the XHP35 Option is High-CRI. The Zebralight SC64w has it in 80+ (not sure if there are higher options available).

Also range and output for the xhp35 is interesting. About the same as a sft40 but with a better driver is in my mind.

My 3000K K1 purchased last year tests at 83 CRI.

A good tint and CRI in the 80s is more than acceptable, especially if you never compare directly to an sst20 or nichia 9080.

I think I’m in agreement with this. I have lights that are supposed to be 90+ CRI, but they have a green tint that I don’t like.
I sure would like to see more info on these new B35AM LEDs. Hank showed a picture of the 4000K B35AM showing a nice pink tint. I saw a post on Reddit claiming to be this light with the same 4000K B35AM LED and it looked quite yellow.

3500 and 4500K tints are historically more rosy than 4000k for Nichia. My bet is that the 4000K is neutral duv, maybe even a smidge above BBL. 500K above or below likely is below the BBL though. This isn’t for sure, but a strong pattern I’ve observed over many years here. I’ll say if anybody is worried about yellow or green beams, a 4500K nichia will be your best bet. If you like warm-neutral, 3500K is gorgeous in my experience.

I’m leaning towards 3500k

What is a good way to word the question asking Hank which emitter choice is the rosiest?