Emisar D3AA is available now

D4k in white (Boost, 519A, 3500k) and green (FET, XP-L Hi, 4000k) ordered … a very nice kombi the new colours … but sand is missing … ;-)

Is Dual Channel D4K already Boost, or only FET?

The Dual Channel lights use two Linear channels. More efficient and better regulation than a FET, but less than a Boost driver.

That D4K looks incredible in white! also a 21700 with boost driver in a compact size host, it’s the perfect EDC light. It’s a shame but the deal breaker for me is the non-threaded switch retaining ring :frowning: . My D4V2 switch ring fell off so I could never trust them unless they are threaded.

Does the boost driver in the K1 model have increased power compared to the boost driver in the KR1, D1, D4, DW4, D4S models?

Wait for d4k dual channels :d

Why wait?

thanks, never realize that :smiley: time to spend money I guess

No it doesn't. It is the same 2amps @ 12volt, 4amp @ 6volts, which is what the KR1 and D1 have

I am asking because I see that the specification of the FC-40 version is different, higher for the K1 model than D1 2200vs1600 lm

That’s a bummer, that 70.3 HI is very underdriven then. Above 5A (6V) would be more on place in such a big light as the K1.

hmm that is interesting. Unless Hank has made changes, I have asked multiple times for higher driver current but there wasn't an option for anything above 2amp.

i definitely agree. Would be nice to see a driver putting out that much, at least for the k1.

My D4V2 weighs ca. 65 g with aluminium bezel.

Only downside for me of the D4V2 is that I can’t use button top 18650s but perhaps the D4K could work for that using a battery tube+18650 button top instead of 21700.

Ordered the D4K!! I wish there was a version with usb-c charge too. I bring my flashlights on vacations and charge them at the hotel.

USB charging is a super useful feature, not just for hotels, you’re way more likely to find a phone charger than a lithium cell one in most places. A compact light making use of the K1/ K9.3 USB charging tube would be killer.

The RGB button will act the same as the aux LED, which mean it will shut off when the main LEDs are on.
If you like it, just please let us know the order number, then we will ship accordingly.

How will that LED compare to the FC40 and B35AM?

It is not shipped already but i expect more brightness and more throw compared to the named two …

Hank, do you know the brightness and tint bin of your XHP70.3 HI?