KD V2 Nanjg driver Question on Instructions

Someone posted a little while ago (of course I can't find it now) that the KD V2 nanjg driver mode selection instructions weren't correct as posted in the product page. I then seem to see info that says the product page is correct (perhaps was fixed). Can some confirm the instructions here are correct?

Thanks,
-Garry

I think if you searched with 7135 you may of found it. I don't know if it's called Nanjg at all. I think that's another driver.

sixty545 posted the correct instructions (here). So yeah, KD has corrected their sheet now.

1: no solder blobs. Low - Med - High - Low - Medium - High -Strobe(10Hz) - Blink(2Hz) - SOS - Beacon

2: connect S2 to ground with a solder blob. High - Med - Low - High - Medium - Low - Strobe - Blink(2Hz) - SOS - Beacon

3: connect S2 and S3 to ground. High - Medium

4: S2, S3 and S4: High - Strobe(10Hz)

5: S3 and S4: Medium - High - Blink(2Hz)

6: S4: High - Medium - Blink(2Hz)

7: S2 and S4: Low - Medium - High

8: S3: High - Medium - Low

Edit: Erik's post says the same thing (here)

Ok, but someone did post recently something like "beware - the instructions for the driver are in error". Doesn't matter now so long as I know these are correct.

Still trying to decide which mode I want to go with.

-Garry

Do you mean this, Gary? Review: KD 7135 V2 drivers 3040/2280/1520 mA with mode configuration

No, it was a more recent thread and not a thread pertaining to these drivers exactly (since when does a BLF thread stay on topic anyway). I remember it as a comment in passing on a thread where someone must have mentioned they would use the KD V2 driver.

-Garry

Garry - the instructions are correct.

For me there are 2 groups I use most often. High-Med-Low or Low Med-High. The flashies, not so much.

I use L-M-H with no last mode memory on EDCs that are overdriven for their size (like that DIY UltraFire 1xAA Flashlight with Clip Host Kit, E1320's review) I have 8x7135 on that little torch so I want it to start on Low everytime and only cycle to the higher modes when I need them.

On my lights I take with me for dog walking, I want it H-M-L in case I need to pull it out in a hurry to spot a bear, pack of coyotes, or worst a skunk in the neighbourhood. Dog getting sprayed by a skunk is the worst.

I only use strobe if installed on guns/rifles. SOS or beacon for torches that will be sea-worthly.

Good thing about these drivers is that you don't need to disassemble them from the pill after you put them together to change the mode groups. I have had friends wanting all the modes at first and then come back later to have me change it to H-M-L or L-M-H. A clean hot solder tip will easily desolder those connection points.

Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback BIGWOOD. I'm thinking I might want it set without memory so it always starts on High (or low if I decide that). How long does it take to be off for it to come back on in the first mode? Is it quick like a second or two? I also kind of like the idea of a simple two mode - although I thought I saw somewhere that when set to two mode the Medium was lower than 35% (like 10 or 15%). But you're right, these should be rather simple to open up the light, change the mode selection solder blobs and put it back together.

-Garry

I’m pretty sure it was E1320 that mentioned the driver instructions were incorrect on KDs site, it may have been in his sales thread. The instructions that are shipped with the drivers are correct as are the ones you posted above.

+1
Its there

Edit - Link post 262

Thanks apt323, I think that must be where I read it. You threw me off linking to the last post in that thread (I must have clicked the link before you edited your post to say the post#). Note: if you want to link to a particular comment/post, click the post number (far upper right corner of blue post outline for that comment) and then copy the new URL from the address bar. (Sorry if you already knew this. It wasn't evident to me at first that you could click the post/comment# for an exact URL link to it.)

-Garry

Your welcome

Didnt know that about how to link to a post. Even my old mind learned something new today and i thought that i was already learnt up full :beer:

Old? I didn't think you're that old.

Of course I don't think I'm "old" either, but the other day the new kid at work (+/-25) called me "sir". I almost slapped him and told him not to ever call me that again!

-Garry

The last mode memory is about 1 second or less, faster than I can turn it off and back on again.

I have rubber cell phone cover that looks like a cassette tape. Some students I work with saw it and asked me what that is. I told them what it was and one of them said, "Is that like a manual mp3 player or something?"

The other said, "man that's old school!".

Stupid kids...

Ha! That's funny! eves till have some blank cassettes and can't bring myself to throw them away! Yet my cassette deck is in storage and doesn't record anymore (plays, doesn't record and I nevwe got it fixed).

-Garry

about driver…
I’ve tried 3 such (from kaidomain - at different times) - an all 3 are fine. !but… the first time, I also felt that the instruction is incorrect, because after the soldering bridges, modes were different as in the picture.
I realized my error only later… it was my mistake, because of the logic I think that the X=connected and O=disconnected… it seems logical, right?
When I realized my error and soldered bridges correctly - everything was as it should be…
I assume that I am not the only who thought that the ‘X’ means connected… and there may also be misunderstandings :wink:

I was thinking that same way myself. Finally read it enought that it sunk in.

My mind is old and worn out and can not go no further. Lol

Will be 42 on March 23

Edit - did you get your driver setup?

Hmm. . . Not sure why, but I pictured you as one of the younger ones around here (perhaps you still are). I'm 36 and still consider myself young.

-Garry

Lol well at least i sound young. Lol

Alot of people thought i was in my 40’s since i was about 25. I started getting a few strands of gray hair when i was 12. Now its all gray and has been for years. Lol.