KeepPower Cells, Where to Purchase?

As per the title, where does one purchase KeepPower cells from (recommended/suggested stores)?

I just bought 16 KeePower 18650’s from Illumn.com, they even shipped 2-day fedex

Thanks for the comment!

Yes Illumn.com do ship overseas, but the postage/shipping is a bit on the high side.

I was hoping there would be a vendor on AliExpress, or equivalent, who could offer better (cheaper) prices, particularly with regard to shipping cost(?) But it appears there aren't any vendors at AE etc selling KeepPower cells, at least not that I could find (yet).

Nkon has a New Zealand shipping entry in the destination country menu, but no shipping cost estimate, probably need to start an order to see how much it costs, they have a website without VAT for international customers : https://ru.nkon.nl/

Thanks for this alternative vendor!

As a test, I tried purchasing a cell, and after entering name, address etc, the store will not go any further with the processing of the order as it complains "Sorry, no quotes are available for this order at this time." This message was received after entering shipping address and clicking on the "Continue" button to proceed to the shipping method.

It appears that 'shipping method' is not available. And after clicking the "Continue" button anyway, I get the message in a box - "Your order can not be completed at this time as there is no shipping methods available for it. Please make necessary changes in your shipping address.".

Presumably all this means that they do not ship to NZ?

Yeah probably, you can still shoot them an email to confirm.

Hm, you can always delete your order, or not complete your order.
As I recall Nkon has always been very forthcoming with the wishes of their clients.
Maybe an order of “1” does not compensate for the extra efforts it takes to ship to NZ.

BTW, Keeppower is a rewrapper who adds protection to quality (mainly) Korean cells.
IMHO there are more flavors to choose from.

Nkon wouldn’t sell me a Sanyo 18650, to ship inside the SC64 I ordered, to Australia. Got a feeling you won’t get batteries shipped to NZ.

Which KP cells are you after? I used to buy from this AliExpress Store, but no idea what shipping is like now. They hardly have anything listed, but if you ask they’ll provide a link. When I used to use them as my supplier before Covid they were very honest, never had a fake for all brands like Sony, LG etc. I had a large order get lost in transit, I offered to cover half of the cost, they declined and refunded the full price.

The 18650 Battery Store ships to NZ and it’s who my supplier is for my store. No protected cells larger than 18650, but they sell protected 30Q’s with a 20A cut off.

I love owning a Kweld Spot Welder for adding button tops since 18650BS don’t offer button top for anything other than 14500 and 18650. If you need button tops added just get in touch.

I tried ordering 3 cells, but again I get the messages appearing that the order can't be completed and to change shipping address. So presumably they do not ship cells to NZ.

Interesting! Can you suggest a better brand of protected 26650 cell?

Thanks. I tried to order three cells, but again the order wouldn't complete with the message appearing again that the shipping address should be changed. That suggests they don't ship cells to NZ (either).

I'm interested in the protected 26650 cell(s).

And thanks for the offer of adding button tops, I'll keep that in mind!

Are you planning to use in series in a torch? I haven’t used protected cells in years, I don’t find they’re needed if the torch has LVP and you use a matched pair.

Ai, now you’ve got me.
Once I had a (just 1) 26550 flashlight, and I used LiitoKala INR26650 5000mAh (Cyan).
Times have changed, though development in 26650 is/was a bit slow.
On the subject of suggestions, the best I can do is to this LINK1 and LINK2

But then there is a practical side to every theory.
What if you make up your mind. And there is nobody who ships your choice to NZ?
So maybe you should contact vapcell Dennis who’s on this forum and is known for being very forthcoming to realize his clients wishes.

Is Illumn the only place to buy KeepPower in the U.S?

I don’t have PayPal so I have to look elsewhere.

I have not purchased cells in a few years, but back then people said KeepPower 6000 were Shockli 5500 20 amp rewraps and very good cells. But things do change and I cannot say what they are doing today

No. Light(s) will only use one cell at a time.

You just need to find a decent PCB with a 15-20A cut off and I’ll make you a protected 26650.

Thanks for the extra information!

So, it seems that KeepPower cells are (supposed to be) of reasonably good quality.

Illumn ships to NZ but their shipping charge is a bit high.

Vapcell have a good range of cells and the cells are (apparently) reliable and of good quality. I have several of their cells already with no complaints.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to have protected 26650 cells, they seem to have only standard unprotected 26650 cells.

They do? I'll have to get a wholesale account then.

I stopped stocking the Vapcell brand after I purchased 170pcs K30 cells and had over 40pcs arrive with high self discharge. Vapcell were acting like it wasn't a big deal until I got Mooch involved, they were very quick to tell everyone their new K30's are stable. Couldn't believe that though...