Keygos KE-1 vs KE-2 vs KE-5

You are talking about Pantaloonie.

Since his meter reads 1.7 for 980L I would not count on that. Plus he said himself that he needs a new multimeter. As far as I know he didn't said it's not what he expected or not as advertised.

Please no made up info.

Ian, was wondering how difficult it was to mod your KE-1 to a 2.8 driver, what driver did you use, and was the result really noticeable?

Not sure if I should make this my first mod project. Have never tried anything like this and I really really like the KE-1. Have been thinking maybe I'll get the KD C-8 as I think it is the same light. If that one doesn't have a 2.8 driver then I'll mode one of them and if I screw up I'll still have a light I really like.

What do you think?

I have been reading through the other threads. A number of members here have these flashlights in question.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS with 2 KE-5s, plus also a KE-2.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS did you getting also a KE-1? That would sort of close the thread then if you did. (Thanks for all your help so far).

Ian2381 has a KE-5 and a KE-2.

old4570 has a KE-5

gen1.3 has a KE-5

how crazy is this has a KE-1

tigerfromsiberia has a KE-1

So between you guys we should be able to make a good comparison between these 3 models KE-1, KE-2 and KE-5 (the good KE-5). Hopefully put it together into an informative review.

I have got one of each coming: KE-1, KE-2 and KE-5. So I should be able to make a good comparison and test between them. I'll now need to purchase enough of the same batteries to test correctly.

I don't have a Keygos KE-1 or KE-2.

Sorry just noticed the replies on this thread,

I Just sold the KE2 to a friend and My KE5 is already modded with a 2.8A driver and Warm XML emitter. The stock KE5 and KE2 has same driver and most probably same output, the only difference is that the KE5 have tighter hotspot. the KE2 is just rebranded C8 just like the KE1. Both can easily be replaced by a new driver, I think you just have to trim the KD 2.8 driver as its wider.

I'm still waiting for my XinTD C8, I think it will be a good comparison to my modded KE5 as I believe the XinTD C8 have a better driver than the stock KE5.

No big problem. I've got one of each coming so will be able to see the differences between them.

I would like to discover:

1. How bright and how many lumens? They are all listed the same but are they the same?

2. Throw – which throws the furthest?

3. Different beam types and pattern for all 3 models.

4. Which has the tightest beam?

5. Which has the widest spill?

6. Maybe some beam shots at short, medium and far. Both separate and all together, so can compare brightness, hot spots, and spill.

It would be great to compare the Keygos with the KD C8 and the XinTD C8. Or even the KD C8 and the XinTD C8.

I hope your XinTD C8 comes soon!

New video - actually it is gen1.3_ video

Keygos KE-5 XM-L Outdoors

HI all, I am big time newbie here!! :) Was just getting ready to post a thread on which is better Keygos KE-1 or KE-5. But, I did a search and saw this... :)

I am getting mine from the Redlog too.. I had got a couple 5w 270 lum from Redlog to mount on one of my bicycles. I was tickled pink at the results. I think I paid $3.25 each with free shipping. Not only do the 5w 270 lums look good, they really light up the way. Okay, liking this.. Skipping over the 1000 lum, going for 1300 lum KE-1 for another one of my bikes. However, right after I ordered the Keygos KE-1, I noticed there was a KE-5.. figuring that the higher number meant a better product. I tried to get Redlog to swap out the KE-1 to a KE-5, but he said he had already shipped.

Anyway, even with being a newbie, I found the Keygos website, and the description/specs of both the KE-1 and KE-5. I only noticed in the specs a difference in the specs, and that was the tail piece..

KE-5=Neon End Tail On/Off button

KE-1=Switch: Press Tail-Cap On/Off

Size and weight had a slight difference too.

Well, I paid $32.31 for the KE-1, and that is with the charger, 2 batteries, Bicycle Clamp, rear blinky light and clamp.

Should have it in about 2 weeks.

What was the results of finds?????

Good thread too.. ;)

ceh

Okay, why the ominous silence? Everyone in this thread has been saying "the XintD C8 is in the mail" -- and then: nada.

Was it that disappointing?

Keygos do a range of flashlight torches, from which 3 are single cell flashlights. The KE-1, KE-2, KE-5.

From my initial comparison, the KE-1 and KE-2 have a similar body to an Ultrafire C8. The KE-5 is similar to Ultrafire U-80. They all have smooth reflectors and CREE XML-T6 LED, but the insides are different. All have the same 5 memory modes, but the KE-5 has an aluminous button and will tail stand.

The KE-1 appears to be the weakest and cheapest flashlight, and the beam has the most spread.

The KE-2 (with the silver bezel) is a powerful flashlight with good throw and tight beam but also giving more wider illumination. It is middle priced of the 3, but we are only talking a small difference between them all.

The KE-5 is Keygos' top torch of the 3 and is slightly the most expensive. It is a powerful flashlight with a tight narror beam and has the furthest throw of the 3. (The mode memory did not work on this torch :( )

I personally prefer the KE-2 because this flashlight has excellent throw and I think it is better for all round use. I prefer the beam. The mode memory also worked. I just wished it also had the aluminous button. I suppose it all depends on what you want it for...

The switch buttons are all about the same except the KE-5 has an aluminous button which is good. However my KE-5 mode memory didn't work which is a pain! :( Probably a faulty torch because all the others worked fine.

Yes you bought correctly from the official seller, and got a good deal. All the these 3 torches fit in the cycle mount and the mount is good providing your handlebars are straight, because there is no alignment adjustment. Maybe you could push a match down one side to angle it enough if need be.

For off road cycling the KE-1 will suffice. The KE-5's beam is too narrow, but I would highly recommend the KE-2. I use this one my bike for off road, and for every day use and I love it. As you already have everything, if you needed the KE-2 it would only cost you £15 with postage.

I use KE-2 on the handlebars and http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280756819983&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123 for a head torch on my helmet. A great set up! :)

Keygos sell through 4 official eBay sellers, and their own website. Nowhere else!

cwtco http://stores.ebay.com/cwtco
cyberport888 http://stores.ebay.com/CyberPort888

go_market http://stores.ebay.com/GoMarketStore

redlog http://stores.ebay.com/Redlog-Store

Keygos web site: http://www.keygos.com

If you want to buy outside eBay then buy direct from their website. Don't worry if the site looks strange or if the flashlight you want is not advertised. E-mail the sales and tell them what you want, they are very good there.