king of flood

anyone got recommendations to some lights with crazy amount of flood. i mean with a big hot spot with lots of spill. i want a wall of light basically. throw is not important in this case. should i look for something with a p7 emitter light?

i already have a skyray king, and looking for something even more floody. but not to mention, it still has to be bright. i dont want something with all spill.

it can be single, or double 18650. or even c or d cells as well. it doesnt matter.

thanks

From what I’ve been reading, this is your ticket:

Trustfire TR-J12

Pretty sure that Moon Blaster light would qualify. :slight_smile:

He’s looking for a wall of light, so that’s probably close distance. If he uses the moon blaster the hotspot will blind him.

To the OP, look at the TrustFire X100

The Apex 5T6 will do a ~2000 Lumen wall of flood, and only draws ~1.2A from each cell. It has less tight of a beam than the TR-J12, SR-King or X100.

i was thinking of the x100 myself. but two things holding me back.
type of batteries….i only stock 18650, cr 123’s, c and d cells
and the size….it seems bigger than my tk70.

what would be the floodiest 2x18650 size light out there?

+1 on the Moon Blaster. I’m gonna recommend it for everything. Just because. :slight_smile:

The hot spots of all these multi-xml lights are pretty damn big and similar in size. You can try defocusing the head to get a bigger spot, or another way to go significantly bigger is to graft several xml zoom lights together, or the the extreme of operating your king in candle mode.

so that apex is more floodier than the j12? they both have 5xml’s.
but the j12 is almost half the price. anybody know if using 2x18650 would give me same brightness as 3x18650 but just less runtime?

the apex looks just like my skyray. i wonder how much more flood the apex gives me. i really dont want to fork out another $100 for something barely noticable when i can just use my skyray. you know what i mean.

so im looking for a light that is much more floody than the skyray. only if there were other 7xml contenders…

Check TR-J18, cheaper than the x100, shallower reflectors which should give more spill/flood and works on 2 26650/18650.

i remember reading some thread that the j18 was actually less bright and floody vs the j12.

i found this keygos 7xml….anyone heard of anything with this?
i have the keygos c8 and its pretty nice.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8500-Lumens-7x-CREE-XM-L-XML-T6-LED-Flashlight-Torch-3x-26650-Charger-7T6-/280847906048#ht_5408wt_932

Appears to be a J18 clone.

+1 the Apex 5T6 has the most spaced out emitters and the smallest reflectors IIRC, so this is a great light for an even wall of light.

ok, nevermind with that keygo’s 7xml., just found some reviews and comps with the j12.
the j12 is slightly brighter with a bigger hotspot and more floody.

i found two more 7xml’s.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/marsfire-cree-t6-5000lumen-5mode-7led-flashlight-black-326650226650-p-9940?rp=522815

http://www.lightmalls.com/sky-ray-7xt6-cree-xm-l-t6-8500-lumen-5-modes-super-brightness-led-flashlight-3-18650

so the apex has been brought up twice now…hmm. gotta check out some vids.

Have you thought about getting an XML zoomie?

All you need to do is fully zoom out and they have even walls of light, although because it’s a single emitter it won’t be as bright as multi emitters at flood. Plus they’re super cheap.

This :slight_smile: is a smilie . . . just like the one above.

To the OP - for close distance, some people simply remove the reflector and move XML led up to the lens. In any case, look at lights with XML led very close to the front/lens and small, shallow reflector for more flood.

As penance for an apparently bad joke I set my 2100 up this way (led still about 8mm behind the lens with no reflector or bezel) and it completely floods a 35’ wall from about 8-10’ and out. Distance would drop as the led comes forward. The beam is roughly double the width with the reflector and the throw is about half. This approach would probably be even better with a TIR wide optic.

You don’t really need an expensive light if close distance is your goal.

PS - Now if you’re trying for bright . . . .

If you’re looking for something significantly different, you’re not going to find it with slightly more of the same emitter/reflector. If anything I would personally spring for a NW skyray king (hkequipment.net) or warm DRY since it’s more usable than the enormous glare from a wall of cool white these things can project.

The recent dino direct Trustfire / Uniquefire / Xxfire Z5 is quite floody. With the Zooming lens removed. Wondering whether i answering the question correctly. :slight_smile:

I think you could be happy with APEX..

Here's a beamshot comparison of APEX NW vs. King NW (mouse over for King)