Klarus Mi7 efficiency

I’m looking for an efficient single AA flashlight for EDC. I will use it only with Ni-hm. I like Fenix e12 and Jet I for it’s medium mode and Klarus Mi7 for it’s output, UI and modern look. The problem is the efficiency of the Klarus Mi7. At medium mode (72 lm) it can perform for 2 hours 49 m according to: Reddit - Dive into anything. On the other hand, Fenix E12 at medium mode (~68 lm) can perform for ~5 houts! according to: Fenix LD11 Single AA Light Performance Run Time Graphs | Candle Power Flashlight Forum. This is a huge difference. Are these runtime statistics right?

Yes they are . That’s why I sold my klarus Mi7 titanium

My Fenix E12 in Medium mode is around 48 lumens……and you see that they say 68 lumens 5 hours….sorry, but I think they lumens are hightly over estimated.
If you get 2 hours 49 minutes with Mi7 72 lumens (my data are similar), you get around 3 hours with a perfect battery - now E12 48 lumens are possible 5 hours, is not strange.

I get 61 minutes of runtime with a 1900 mA good condition battery for Mi7 in High mode, and in the reddit review seems only 50 minutes with eneloop ? I not understand the condition of his NiMH is perhaps not good.

70 lumens 3 hours or 3 h. 30 minutes with a 2500mA is not impressive , but the price in offer for the Mi7…is impressive low! (perhaps around or less than 20 USD), for only triple around 60 USD you can get a zebralight SC52, 7 hours of 54 lumens….

You should also check out Zebralight SC5c MKII. 79lumens can do almost 5 hours with eneloop pro. The price maybe a bit steep but still you get what you pay for.

So something goes wrong with their numbers. Runtimes seems normal for 48 lm. Thank you for your responce.

I decided to go for Klarus Mi7. I found the best price at Kaidomain but i worry about its reliabilty. Delivery times seems fake. Is there any other source to buy this cheap?

Check with tatasal or M4D M4X for a coupon. You can use it at Gearbest.

I got a Mi7 with horrible parasitic draw. Be sure to check yours when you get it. Klarus never resolved the issue for me so I’ll never buy another of their lights.

That’s what I did as well. It is one of my favorite lights and my primary EDC.

I hear the Manker E11 is pretty good, it claims 11 hours at 60lm on Eneloop Pro, I can’t back up these numbers, but from what I read on the forums its pretty decent and compact.

hi guys, first post.

question on efficiency - i assume that you lose efficiency in every torch that is designed to take multiple battery types? are there any torches designed purely for 14500 batteries and do they achieve higher efficiency?

i recently bought an mi7 (thankfully no horrendous parasitic drain issues) and i was wondering whether it would be better to use 14500s or eneloops. and whether there were significantly more efficient options that exclusively used either AA or 14500.

ps. it seems a nice little torch for my hiking backpack, i’m a sucker for colours that aren’t black

I would suggest never just getting a light that purely runs on lith-ions……you never know what might happen. Having a second choice is always good when it comes to battery usage……most lights now well use lith’s and nimh batts. Never leave yourself in the dark.