Klarus MiX6 1x AAA

damn kreisler I advised you to buy a 5$ multimeter instead of that... xD

i am not going to buy the 59.95$ adapter... xD

well, i still dont fully understand the “1/10”-rule in the first place (because of missing elaborate explanations accompanied with examples and i am looking forward to your revised guide), so i am sure that contentwise my quote is wrong in many ways. i was writing off the top of my head and only guessing what you were meaning with the 1/10 rule of thumb. i still dont know if most of Example1 is factually correct (e.g. the 22.00mA limit).

with a single sentence, no wiring scheme (circuit diagram), no math. equations. nobody could expect that everybody understands what the strategy/idea of your plan is

You example is mostly correct, but you take the 22 mA as a hard limit and that is wrong. The measurement error will slowly increase when current goes up, the 22mA (or 1/10) is a rule of thumb and not some magic limit.

The 61E looks like a very good meter for the money and I did order one to play with. At the current time it is at the custom office (They do probably not believe the price and are going to ask me for some documentation), but I expect to get it sometime next week and then I will be able to say much more about the burden voltage.

Would a picture from my DMM guide help (You can find the math in the guide):

Ahh right right. I had forgotten about that picture and the maths. Was weeks ago when i last read your DMM guide. I think i had skipped that section because i dont possess any resistor (accurate resistors with strict tolerances cost money) nor alligator clips. I will look into buying the things one day..

Oh, you ordered the 61E a while back too? Yes, very well priced with DD discounts (thanks MixoMaxo!! ). The documentation is a joke and i still dont know the functions of the buttons (and application strategy). The PDF is a short manual but not a dedicated user's guide. Maybe you can assess the quality of the DMM.

i will feel happy when HKJ evaluates the 61E to be a great DMM! xD

A 0.1 ohm 1% 1 watt resistor is not that expensive. There is not reason for better than 1% when measuring current drain in flashlights, both the variations between lights and between batteries will be larger.

The documentation is as good as it gets for cheap meters (Or did you not get the full manual). Some more specifications would have been nice. When you are used to DMM's the buttons are easy enough to figure out. The yellow and blue is used to select the alternate ranges that has the same color printing at the switch. The HOLD can be used to freeze the reading, I seldom uses that. The RANGE is for manual range. The REL set the current value as zero and shows all values relative to that value. When PEEK is pressed the meter will collect max and min values.

I will probably not do that, but it can be great for the money.

I do not plan to do a full review or anything like that, but I will do a fast check and post my opinion about the meter.

That did not work out, the result is less than great and the problem is the current ranges.

I did a full review of it here.

I still feel happy nonetheless .. happy out of gratitude for your reviewing work!

Knowing the truth about one's product is more helpful than believing in something wrong

THANKS SO MUCH!!

EDIT: i've expanded the bottom section of the OP with a mod. the mod was inspired by the genial construction of the DQG Tiny III which works with no rear spring installed. if you find the mod useful, please make me happy!!

(huh?? lol myself)

Really enjoyed reading this. Amazed at how much I am learning from this site.

an observation from today's DD shipments, 2 baskets full of MiX6's were dispatched (and a day later even more), not bad! i am wondering if the buyers were aware that the real Ti's are sold off (sold out) in DD's inventory and that only the SS's are shipped.

The webpage isnt 100% clear, it still says things such as "www.dinodirect.com/flashlight-klarus-mi-titanium-version-edc-aaa.html" and "TC4" .. but that's no more bait'n switch ;)