Klarus XT12GT Review

I got refunded 50% of the what I paid for the light and sold it so made my money back on it.

I heated up the charge port with a small gas burner till the plastic started to smoke.
Used a screwdriver pushed it between inner and outer metal part and forced it out
you can fill the hole with epoxy mixed with carbon powder

it is glued with some white silicone

Thanks Lexel, I got it out without heating :slight_smile:
One more quick question, do you have pic of the driver from top where I could see + and - leads for led?

Thanks Lexel,
Conclusion: driver is dead (no visible indications of problematic component)… :frowning:

I wonder whats causing all the issues? Do you think the driver is overheating?

Try the Klarus thread maybe they will help you?

Its not overheating, unsoldering this FET is a pain as its base conducts heat very well

as far as I could measure on the defective driver the FET gets 3.3V no matter what you do when the driver is powered on
as its a boost driver there is only the coil in series with this FET, resulting in a short
with unprotected batteries even the springs got very hot and deformed, the FET literally burned out

I got a XT12GT for repair with Narsil driver and XPL HI

I noticed that my modded “XT12GTS” has a slightly larger reflector

It also looks like the surface finish is slightly smoother on the right one!

I received my light just the other day from Banggood. I want to thank Martin. I am not a reviewer but have some comments related to this torch. I took the pocket clip off as this seems bit useless. The tac ring was removed as it is too loose and cannot be tightened any further. The torch makes a high pitched whining in middle mode of outdoor mode. I am happy with build quality and find the throw to be adequate for my needs. I use the torch to keep the local javelina at bay.

update: the supplied battery from klarus will not allow my copy of this torch to run at full level (who knows why). I would turn it on and you get an immediate drop in brightness. I replaced the klarus battery with an eagletac or immelent and you get normal performance.

I have Klarus xt11gt but did not buy yet xt12gt. Will buy very soon. I was reading a few other reviews like this klarus xt12gt review 2018: Cree xhp35 HI D4 1600 lumens flashlight. However, I like your review. You have added testing images. If you would add testing video review too then it would a complete guide.

I have a small problem. My led felt down and i tryed poting it but didnt work. Bought a new one:
http://kaidomain.com/Cree-XHP35-HI-D4-3
Potted this one but still aint workking, so probably the driver died. Can someone suggest me what driver to buy?
Will this one work:
http://kaidomain.com/S026504-H2-C-22mm-