Knife Talk :)

I agree it’s annoying. The only thing is there are fairly easy ways to adjust both kinds of those pivot screws without buying the pivot tools.

Just use the chuck end of an electric drill for the triangle pivot and needlenose pliers for the 5 pin pivots.

My El-01D was a little stiff initially and I adjusted it that way.

I wonder how open companies like Enlan are to outside suggestions... like offering a slotted pivot screw.

I’d like to see them also use better screws for the rest of the knife including making it more certain that you can easily remove the clip without stripping a screw. Not everyone wants a clip.

If they improved the screws it would be more certain that you could completely disassemble a knife without messing it up and not being able to reassemble it.

Bryan,

I’ve had the same idea, any idea if the screws are metric or [more likely] a Chinese thread / size. I suppose I’ll have to get at least one knife and see if I can find suitable screws or perhaps re-thread the liner for standard ASTM threading.

I can’t figure it out. I have a set of small hex and torx tools but they rarely fit exactly. I’m usually just trying to get the clip off and as long as I can do that I don’t care if it messes up the screw but when I try to take the whole thing apart I do care of course.

Usually what happens is that I can get all but one screw out and that one either strips at the head or just turns but will never come out!

I’d buy a set of Chinese tools if they would fit all of their knives.