KronoReview: MaxToch H01 Dual Emitter 18650 Headlamp

@ mudgripz,

Thanks for the information on runtimes (What capacity was the battery?), and other points. It would still be nice to have the important specifications come from the manufacturer. That way they can be held (at least morally) accountable for their claims. Still, you have shed a bit more light into the canyon of uncertainty, and it is appreciated.

Nice review Krono, I have a question, is it possible (and easy ) to start on red from off ?

Yes…like Pregulla quoted from my review. Just press and hold

Nice, thanks. I like that programming, full blast or night vision on startup. I get my night vision blinded 5 times out of 10 when I try to start my h600mk2 on low

Excellent review, thank you.

I have a Fenix HL30 but have recently acquired some 18650 flashlights and bike lights, looking at an 18650 headlamp and its between this one and the zebralight h600fw at this point (knowing me I’ll end up with both!)

Has there been any response from Maxtoch about having differing brightness levels for the red emitter?

Hi all,

I have been in touch with Amanda regarding a revision to the h01 and provided some input.

I’m interested in a light that can be bright like this when I want to work on cars or don’t car for night vision and also be used for astronomy, so the need is for a low level red light for use with star charts and for changing eyepieces and higher level red for packing away gear and walking to the toilet or nearby bushes…

Amanda has responded that they will look to add in lower brightness modes for the red led.

What are thoughts on starting the main emitter on low brightness then toggling up to high vs the current configuration of starting on high? Or perhaps simply a memory start function?

I must admit when I use white light I use it on high for the majority of the time unless I’m working on something where the brightness of the spot is annoying… But I do love the firefly mode of my little thrunite ti3.

Also, as regards to tint, I prefer neutral for colour rendition.

Thoughts on these points?