Kumabear Update

I looked at the diydrones profile, I see two posts, Aug 24 and Aug 25, I don’t reference to the year of post, maybe I’m missing something.

This post got my interest up again, after all I am out a few bucks. So I did a little poking around.

Robert’s LinkedIn profile lists him currently as President and Founder of R. Mark Solutions Ltd.
The only reference I found on a quick Google of R. Mark Solutions Ltd. was on Amazon.
The Amazon storefront is “temporarily unavailable”.
There are only 16 seller ratings, most recent dated January of 2012.
Most reviews are good with the exception of two in November of 2011. Robert replied to one of them stating “…I was forced to spend some time in the hospital…”.

Back to the LinkedIn profile, Robert listed his time at MIT as 66-72 and among his work experience “Self Employed Technology Consultant” from 69-70.

Assuming this information is accurate it appears Robert is older than he appears in his photo, most likely in his mid 60s. Not that old mind you (I’m not far behind) but old enough to believe he may have had some health issues. His Amazon ratings (and response) seems to indicate the same.

As IndyArcher said, it’s a bit of a quandary.
One possibility is Robert was a well intentioned entrepreneur trying to provide a quality product while making a buck but his health failed him. If that’s the case I wish him well.
The other possibility is that he was a scam artist, repeatedly setting up shop, gathering the trust of a community then running with the cash. If that’s the case I hope it catches up with him as some point.

I choose to believe the first scenario, not much supporting evidence but it looks like Robert had some health issues. I hope he makes a full recovery and becomes active once again here on BLF, we can always use another state-side battery distributor.

Yeah, if you go a little further and actually look at the comments he posted, they were August of this year.

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blog/show?id=705844%3ABlogPost%3A1373436&commentId=705844%3AComment%3A1382139&xg_source=activity

Well, that changes things a bit doesn’t it?

Didn’t he once ask people to guess why he looked so happy in his picture…?

I had a guess that I didn’t post. :cowboy_hat_face:

I found several email addresses for Bob and thought I’d try reaching out to him one more time. His response is listed below.

“I am truly sorry and will be happy to refund your money.
By the way, I thought I had fulfilled all of the battery obligations and would be very surprised if there are more than two or three.
My records are in disarray and as far as the hospital is concerned, it was ‘touch and go’ whether or not I would make it through to 2014.
I’ll take care of your refund this weekend and if you know of anyone else to whom I should send one, please advise.
I hope you have a great holiday.
Regards, Bob”

I replied to Bob with a link to this thread suggesting that he chime in. If he chooses not to, and you have an un-fulfilled order send me a PM.

Matt

Kumabear was a very good person to deal with. He is a standup guy and I am sure he will make everything right for any of you who have been wronged. Give him the opportunity to correct it now that he is aware of the issues.

I can understand and empathize with unforeseen health issues leading to dropping out of site for a while.

But actively posting on an unrelated forum while not returning to what was an active sales thread or replying to multiple PMs does not fit my definition of a “standup guy”.

We’ll see if he makes everything right.

Maybe it was a blow to the head that caused amnesia??

:wink:

I just sent him an email and I will post his response, if there is one, regarding the $37.32 I sent him. Time will tell.

Send him the amount, date & paypal transaction number.
Less need for emails back & forth.

I appreciate you guys pursuing this for us dummies who lost money to him ordering as gift. It’s greatly appreciated.

Personally, I would just cut my losses. It isn’t right that he did not hold up his end of the deal, but I’m really not to comfortable with lynching the guy either. This thread seems to be escalating in a direction that I feel BLF’rs are better than. I don’t think a guy in poor health should have his skeletons being dragged out of the closet. Just my 2 cents. This does not justify his actions in ANY way what so ever. Sometimes the past is better off being left……… just there.

I don’t think that was the intent. The problem was people were/are not sure if kumabear is truly a nice person who got sick or a really good conman.

+1

Well said. I got few orders from him, and the communication with Bob is always pleasant.
Lucky for me my last order came through before he got sick and admitted to hospital.
Especially during this holiday season , I would just let it go and count it as donations :wink:
I believe in Karma, whatever you donate… you’ll get it back multiple fold.
Heck… Mega millions is up to $550 millions :wink:

Happy Holiday guys… :beer: :beer: :beer:

A debt is a debt. Nobody gets by April 15th. Do you? And if you forget…Uncle will remind you I am so sure.

I received a full refund this morning along with a lengthy email from Bob. All things considered I believe my initial opinion of the situation was correct.
I consider my transactions with Bob resolved, eight month delay notwithstanding.

I also received a full refund this morning. No hard feelings, but I recommend not to pay for anything on PayPal as a gift.

At least he made good on the items. I knew he would do that.

Glad to hear some news from Kumabear

I have had nice conversations with him and almost all of us have been concerned with his well being . I know no one wants to be out money but in the long run a buck or two doesn't make or break anyone. My thoughts were he probably has batteries enough squirreled away to satisfy any orders that didn't get fulfilled .I also understand anyone who didn't get their stuff shipped too since the waiting is the hardest part .