L2P Differences?

I got a Blue one from Lighthound and the o-rings seemed to be fine. It seems weird that Solarforce would spec a different size o-ring on two different colored lights.

Yep, they did. The blue one of yours is 2011. The Sand L2 is earlier. '09 I think.

on the website it looks like the l2 has a more aggressive bezel than the l2p. Can anyone with both verify?

Yes, the L2 does have a crenalated bezel which is more “agressive” and I thought it would be an issue for me because I preferred the look of the lesser agressive crenalations on the L2P’s. After buying both and using my L2 as an EDC, there really is not all that big of a difference between the 2 bezels. Side by side, the bezels are not all that different, but you can always “Foy” it on your own or buy the “Foy” bezel from SF.

One cannot BUY a Foy bezel from Solarforce. :slight_smile: His are handmade and unique! :bigsmile:

True, but so danged literal! :wink: You can buy a Foy bezel REPLICA from SF. :bigsmile:

Better?

No No, not the same as Foy Bezel. Foy bezel is hand made and much thicker! :slight_smile: Much more genuine! Much love goes into making Foy bezel! :bigsmile:

Sry for bringing this up, but what´s the best (cheapest) place to get a l2p host?

I’ve gotten all my Solar Force stuff directly from here. Pretty quick shipping and I think the prices are good.

I have considered to buy L2P. I need to attach a lanyard to it. I would also like to have the tail standing reverse clicky. Im not interested in attaching a lanyard ring or belt clip due to comfort (and aesthetics).
Is my only option to drill a hole in the tailcap? Anyone think that would be easy, or do I have other options?

Edit: +1 for Solarforce sales page in previous post. Used it when I bought my L2T. They have also answered questions fast before. Fast shipping.

Last I checked IlluminationGear was selling black L2P for $16 shipped (from the US!)

You could purchase the following switches:
S5, S6, S8, S11 and S12

All of them got lanyard holes already, if one of the switches is a forward clicky, switch the inner parts out.

Solarforce seems to be out of lanyard slings, also some cool tailcaps are vanished.

How about this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solarforce-Stainless-Steel-Lanyard-Ring-for-Surefire-6P-/360373641446?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item53e7f160e6

Drilling your own hole in an L2P tailcap will be difficult. There is not much metal, you would likely have to drill at an angle so as not to have too thin of an area left after drilling. Also, you probably could not drill a large enough hole to make it worthwhile, IMHO. As others have indicated, try to get a different tailcap with a lanyard hole already drilled.