L2P in color!

I'm sure the "Attack Bezel" will reduce crime by 37% but do you guys think it looks better than the smooth Bezel ?

I'm not sure between the Black , Titanium, or Metallic Blue......

Also - using a 18650- will this thing put out at least 700 Lumens or so or does it require the 2 smaller batteries to be driven hard ?

If you are goldmember (Austin Powers movie - 16 second) - it will be ok:

I ordred the blue and the grey. That gold is just wrong, somehow.

civilwarFoy

Well, according to the website you stil bought:

- Premium GOLDEN Grade L2 in Mil-spec type III hard anodized in BLUE(version 2011)

One way or another you bought something golden, no way around that ;)

Have to say, now I've seen the picture on my computer instead of my phone, I'd rather go for the blue one also. Being new to all this I've got a truckload of other stuff on my wish-list also, so all of this is just confusing and distracting me, darn solarforce with their fancy colors...

What is the difference between the L2P and regular L2? I get confused with all their models! Also 24.99 for a host! Thats outrageous...though i'm in love with the blue.

Take a look at this thread:

#22 and the few next posts

Thanks a lot, i really appreciate the link to clear that up! Might have to pick one of these L2Ps up in the near future :)

Need to say what others are thinking ...arghh tacky ugly colors

when does china get some class ??? come on Solarforce get some good colors ..

I think the grey is sweet ...

i thought they learned their lesson with the sand , they were continually trying to give it away .

i'm not opposed to these red blues and golds BUT only after offering 8 other interesting colors first .

china repeatedly tells the world they have absolutely no class ....bling bling bling

I disagree 100%. These colors are hardly tacky. MAYBE the gold one (but i'm sure they'll sell a few), but how can you call grey, black, and blue "tacky" colors...?

I think that the forward clicky is a typo. Its easy enough to change them, but the L2P has always been reverse and I don't see why they would change

EDIT: I guess maybe it is forward. They now have "tailstanding, forward clicky" L2... and it's $14.50. So why would I spend $20 on an L2p unless I wanted a color? The L2 doesn't have the printing on the head and I'd likely change the bezel ring on either light, so the more aggressive one on the L2 wouldn't be an issue to me.

Forward or reverse doesn't really matter to me, I still don't like the tail of the L2P even though they DID improve it. I'd like a blue one, but I'd want a blue L2 tail and that's not likely.

Vortex -

I think they call it Golden Grade because it's gold on the inside, unlike the aluminum insides of the L2. The gold L2P might look better in real life but, if it's close to what I see in the picture . . .yuck. And, although I don't have a sand version, I think it's a handsome light. In fact, it was jacktheclipper's sand Solarforce that inspired me to start playing with bezels.

Foy

Well, they're finally in stock!

Pretty, but at $199 HKD, I'm not about to pick one up. (that's twice the price of the base L2, and $30 more than the L2p/L2t)

That's only $26 USD

I guess I save a buck on shipping... but it's still a bit pricey for an empty p60 host, as much as I like the blue.

Man . . . I'm glad I don't live near a Solarforce store.

nocontrolFoy

Why not Foy? I suppose you have more solarforce things as a shop

Because I would buy more SF lights than I need if a store was near and I want to expand beyond Solarforce. (believe it or not)

I like what 2100 buys. Just about every light he has, I want to own.

Foy

I like the blue one and grey one, but too bad i ran out of P60 drop-ins! LOL!

Too bad also that the nice P60 drop ins are too expensive. Dereelight ones are good and cheapest of the premium drop-ins, but still 35 bucks, no PWM and 3-mode etc...

One of these days I'm going to splurge and try a Nailbender XM-L - see if they are all that. $57 for a drop-in is too rich for this poor Georgia boy.

onedaysoonFoy

Lighthound has a ThruNite XM-L 3 mode drop-in for $24