Lambda lights key lights

Mine arrived today! I love my blue lights. Very nice, well made. And packaged in a bubble wrap envelope. Fast shipping.

A bargain for a very nice key chain light. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Thanks!

yea i recieved a blue and green one the other day. i love them too.
i didnt think they were worth it when they were first introduced, but now that i have them in hand,
i just wished i bought them sooner, with the other available colors hahah
my girlfren would have wanted the purple or pink one

I visited lambdalights website today and noticed Key Lights are out of stock. Anyone here in touch with lambdalights? Do we know if there are future plans on making more lights?

I’m not 100% sure, but I think this was the last batch. The reason they were on such a good sale was to get rid of the last few, and I don’t think any more are going to be made.

from all my e-mails with the gentleman, that would be the end. I got 3 of them, happy with them … they’re just ON all of the time :slight_smile:

He was very nice, we e-mailed a lot at first. I think I overloaded him with questions and then I stopped hearing from him. Kevin is his name. Drop him an e-mail and ask him:

lambda@lambdalights.com

yea i bought two during that sale. how do i go about changing the batteries?

batteries should last a year or so! But if you need to change them, or run it off of some AG3 cells, here are the instructions:

http://flashlightnews.net/forum/index.php?topic=2908.0

take off the ring to replace batts. Pic and lots of info here:

I completely forgot about these, looks like i missed out when he had some left.

I want the spectrometer the LED Museum guy has.

Not willing to pay $1200 for it though… (lowest price I found on ebay) Kinda price for the couple-dozen or so measurements I want to make. I wonder if anyone near me has one I could borrow.

Webcam or smartphone spectrometer. Not lab quality but also not $1200.

open-source software
~ 400-900 nanometer range, maybe wider
5-10 nm spectral resolution
20-30 samples per second
~ $15 in materials
< 1 hour construction time
kits available

Ooh, nice. I may have to do that. I’ve been wanting to measure the relative wavelength intensities of my lights, and that’s a pretty inexpensive DIY method. :slight_smile:

Now that Lambda lights key lights are no longer available I wonder If anyone has found any similar lights??

I’ve been thinking about making something like them. The blue one on my SwissGear bag gets compliments wherever I go. My 3 are almost dead though, but I do have some AG3 cells lying around somewhere. I wonder why the guy stopped making them. He didn’t answer my email. Maybe it’s like some of my sister’s kits where they sell great but are too time-consuming to make. My wife was making the best blankets on earth before her arthritis hit her. Back then we calculated that to make $8 an hour, she had to sell every blanket for $1,000 which didn’t make sense. So I hope someone finds a way to make these type of keychain lights in a way that makes sense for them.

Almost all the reactions mine has gotten were “Hey, um, I thought I should let you know that your light is on.”

Thanks, it’s always on. That’s kind of the point.

Heh, maybe that’s why he stopped making them.

I have a few of the keylight nanos that are new and unused that I might put up for sale tomorrow.

I think I have all colours with both brass and aluminium bodies.

I’ve thought of make a ultra low current key light like the Lambda light. I use to know a website that listed LEDs that are good at ultra low currents.
For anyone interested in making their own look at very high-efficiency LEDs, those are the ones that often can still produce decent light at ultra low currents. Or now that Lambda Lights isn’t making them anymore maybe he would share the LED he found. Some christmas led lights use the type of inverted V cone lens, |\| that works well for 360° viewing. Steal a lens off those lights.

I was interested in that too, from memory I think it had a 100ohm resitor in my green one but I remember reading he used different resistors with different colour LEDs as some required more power (also gives them a shorter life) to light up.

You could probably run one off a cr123a for 10 years (or probably not, just a wild guess).

If anyone is chasing the keylight nanos I just put 13 unused ones of mine up for sale here: FS: Lambda keylight nano $10 ea, free shipping (Aus only)