LD-2 : 6Amps pwm-less linear driver - info and FAQ thread

I like the programming pogo pin under the PCB. Great work on the driver!

Awesome work! Looking forward to the sales thread :D

Quick question: Are the Low and Medium modes set at 120mA and 1.2A? Or are they set at 2% and 20% of the maximum current?

I have some problems with bullets option,too much blank spaces in OP,and I can't fix that,but until then,here is updated LD-2 info in docx:

For those who can't read all the numbers about parasitic resistance,one simple picture:

Thanks

I had missed the LD-2 info thread.

I will be waiting for this :heart_eyes:

For sale: LD-2 (17mm 6Amps PWM-less linear driver) :party:

I now have a few projects planned. Things are starting to get a little exciting around here now! I’m going to dust off the soldering iron, clean off the work bench, in preparation for the 4 new drivers I’ll be receiving soon. Thanks led4power!!!

I’d like to see some of these in contest builds.

From Richard (RMM) -I would really prefer to keep the MT-G2 down around 9A-10A because after that it’s not making a lot more lumens considering the extra heat.

With an MT-G2, your most probable best bet is in the 7A-9A range. It’s really making a LOT of heat up there, for the lumens it’s outputting. So be prepared to have a light that is set up to handle it if you want to run it up towards 9A or higher. As in… I had Bucket make me an 8 ounce copper pill in an Solarforce M8 for a FET driver on the 2 cell set-up. It’s still not enough to run very long, get’s really hot really fast. That’s at around 12A.

For an mtg you need the 6V option. How much current you need is between you, your cells, the light, and a pair of oven mitts. At 1A it will be brighter than most flashlights my parents ever knew of, at 2A it will be a work horse in any decent sized light(C8 or better), above that you will run into compromises between number of cells, size of host you wish to carry, overall run time, time in turbo, etc.

I have to admit though, a triple 9V MT-G2 BTU Shocker is pretty dang sweet! One little 17mm FET driver, 10,000 lumens. A quick favorite of mine to be sure.

Edit: I used the 9V variant on the MT-G2, the Shocker has a 3 cell carrier that I set up for series so it’s putting 12V to the parallel triple 9V MT-G2, works like a charm. :wink:

Edit II: This info was less a brag and more of a nudge for folks to think outside the box with these new drivers. :wink:

LOL :smiley:

Look what just arrived!

!!

I don't believe you

Nice! They looks so clinical and professional

@led4power and @James3: can you please let me know if the Low and Medium modes are fixed at 120mA and 1.2A, or whether they are 2% and 20% of the maximum current?

They are 2% and 20%.

which resistor value do I need for 12A setting?
Thanks!

It's 76.8K.

I thought 76.8k would be for 9A. I want to go for 12A :wink: