Leatherman and Gerber multi-tool knockoffs

I like some of the Xiaomi full sized multi-tools, but otherwise I stick with Leatherman.

Guys, try a Leatherman Surge. You will never go back.

Leatherman makes great products. I have several, including the Titanium Charge. But it’s too expensive to leave in my vehicle so I traded it out for the Schrade. My biggest issue with Leatherman (and lots of others too) is that there is no corkscrew (only one model had a corkscrew unless they changed that due to my explanatory letter to them years back). I don’t mind popping a cork straight down with my thumb if I happen to be in a foxhole or behind a bunch of sandbags as you know the bottle will soon be drained and your lips will seal the bottle from sloshing the wine out when the cork which has floated back up now suddenly moves - but in my home it just seems unseemly or in any civilized setting including out camping:-) .

The Swiss Army knives are good for that, the climber model is my fav. Just like the Leatherman, I bought some huge Wenger model of Swiss army knife that cost too much and has too many tools, so it tends to stay in the drawer.

I have just one. Been using my Leatherman Super-tool i had for the last 24 years. Its still solid, reliable & strong. A true, simple, reliable, well-built multi-tool that i can depend on that i know it will do the job i need it to. I never really looked into upgrading into a newer tool, as the one i have has proven its durability & worth. Trust me… Get the tried-&-true legend of multitools, the Leatherman Super-tool. a simple, time-tested reliable tool. Its the real thing, no gimmicks, no fuss, just built to last and survive.

Five more candidates :

Ozark Tail Multiforce Premium 18 in 1 YouTube review Review on multitool.org

HX Outdoors aka HX Outdoors 14 in 1 at Banggood YouTube review 40$, 280g

DaiCamping 18 in 1 aka SQT MQ21 YouTube review 40$

Almighty Eagle or here YouTube review 22$, 345g

Swiss Tech 17 in 1 YouTube review 25$, does not take hex bits

Now, with the two Bibury above, they’re seven. This could be the beginning of a collection :smiling_imp: . But my wallet :money_mouth_face: says NO. Must resist or pick up only one of these.

SOG is decent. Still no Leatherman.