LED test / review - Lumileds HL2X (1800 / 5700 K, typ. 80 / 90 CRI) - High power candle light LED!

There were some press releases around that some ‘ultra-white’ paint with bariumsulfate was developed by a university, but this paint is not commercially available…
So I will stick to the titanium dioxide based paint, which was at least one of the best one I could get.

Yes, I noted this already… I already asked a friend that he will create a script with real-time graphic output and fully automatic file output to keep the time needed as low as possible.

Thank you for the explanation. So I will basically measure the incandescent one time outside the sphere (point the spectrometer directly to the light source) and then inside the sphere to compare the reflectivity of the paint at different wavelengths?

1 Thank

Now I had the oppertunity to get some beamshots of the 1800 K HL2X. :slight_smile:

Please note that these pictures are edited on a calibrated screen (IPS) to get the color of the extremely warm tint, but the color shown for each user can heavily depend on which screen and device is used to look at.

In general this CCT is simply too warm to use it in urban areas. In the forest with a lot brown and red colours it is not even possible to distinguish colors from different objects. I don’t recommed using such a low CCT for general lighting. This CCT is best suitable for ambient lighting indoor, and as replacement for candles.

7 Thanks

Oppletunity :joy::joy:

I have no Opple (and I don’t know why I should have one) :smiley:

The important is smile and not to have an opple😉

1 Thank

Are the beamshots taken with a mule or a frosted/beaded TIR?
I’m curious about how consistent the beam of 1800k is when using a smaller sized reflector like the one in the S2+ or S21A, it might be an good alternative to 1850k E17A for the sake of output and not having a donut hole.

The beamshots are taken with a Convoy S21F, 60 deg bead lens (the original one).

In the next days I put a 1800K in a old S2±style host with OP reflector and will see what happen.

3 Thanks

The 5700k is gross.

These can be dome sliced, they’re about as easy as LH315D.

Would that improve the tint of 5700k?

I have a few 1800k at hand I’m experimenting with.