LED test / review - Nichia NVSW719AC sm405 T550f26 R9050 (≈ 4000 K, min. 90 CRI / R9 50) - first LED with stacked dies

I have 0.5 mm copper sheets, I think I can use this to test the hardness.

The Noctigon MCPCBs should have an ENIG coating over the copper, so first the gold should scratch off very easily then you should see the nickel layer, then you should see the copper.
So you are saying even past those layers it wasn’t copper but brass?

You’re right, I must misremember, it’s copper under the plating. The kaidomain MCPCB I have is definitely brass though.

I think we can easily see the “yellow” and “rosy” colors, the outside probably is ENIG like Noctigon, whose design they copied and skewed the traces( someone pointed that out, the skewing part), or at least gold plated, because where the cut is made (that part was connected to another MCPCB, it is a cut/rip that could not get plated because wasn’t at surface when the process was done) is basically a section of the material and that is rosy, not yellow, you see the copper color.

Have you compared Noctigon and KD MCPCB each with a test LED?

Maybe I’ll find the time to quickly add a test with a 719A on a real Noctigon. Djozz had similar readings as mine, but I don’t know if the LEDs were also on a Kaidomain MCPCB.

mine also has that copperish color on the V-score breaks, yet it’s brass yellow when sanding, maybe it’s something that brass usually does when tearing it ?

I see, I was mainly replying to koef3 since where wasn’t sure what to check for.

Nevermind it’s copper, I didn’t sand it deep enough :man_facepalming:, sorry for the confusion.

2 Thanks

So the KD MCPCB I used in this test is most likely copper (what is called ‘red copper’ in China) and not brass?

I think they cover copper with special treatment but I know is pure copper

2 Thanks

Yes.

1 Thank

Small point of criticism : better scaled graphs (not just this LED) would be better because it’s difficult to read the values, for this LED it doesn’t really need to go further than 6A and 1600lm, same for SST-12.

Edit : data tables would be great as well.

Thank you for the suggestions.

For the raw data tables, however, I will have to see if and how I implement them in the best way.

A simple capture of the table is plenty good, like so : Samsung LH351D color testing - #7 by maukka

1 Thank

Just reread the review due to discussion about B35AM/719A in the Convoy thread. Great test, thanks for the effort.

I have one request/plea - when comparing leds with different VF (as in 3V vs 6V vs 12V) would it be possible to also include a graph with lumens/power instead of lumens/(current & vf)? Or if that’s problematic, then not actual power but something like current * 3/6/12V to make it easier to compare actual efficiency.

Without that, at first glance the 719A seems more efficient, but when You stretch the line horizontally to approximate current at 3V it turns out with much lower lm/A than the other LEDs

I made one here with Djozz tests : Nichia 719A 5000K R9050 tested - #6 by thefreeman

1 Thank

Currently I am in the process of making an interactive chart for easy comparing and analyzing the data. This will also include the metrics lumens/power

Hopefully it is ready in the next weeks.

9 Thanks

This is not a good news

I corrected myself afterwards, it’s copper.

We wrote about this argument months ago but I don’t remember where🤔.
Kaido pcb are copper but plated with brass or similar.