LED test / review - YLX N3535B cool white - round-die LED with high luminance for 3535 footprint, but very green

Tbh the 5W version would be more interesting due to classic lateral chip and very small LES. But maybe the 15 W version is also good for throwers (if the luminance is high)

1 Thank

I got the 5 W version of this unknown emitter recently. The problem is… it is not white, but lime green. No joke, it has duv over 0,042 and has a spectrum quite similar to PC Lime emitters. Seems like the seller mixed it up with white since the phosphor and color of LES looks more or less the same, even under UV 365 nm light…

If I get some reference LEDs for PC Lime I will test these weird green emitters. Tbf this green looks quite nice, not like vomit stuff from Luminus/Sanan :smiley:

Oof, that’s tough. I don’t know of a proper lime-green source (especially high intensity), but maybe the figures would be comparable with the Osram PC green, which has been tested by djozz. I would like to see what sort of output readings you are getting for this!

Didn’t do any measurements but it seems to be lacking luminance (C8 3.5A) comparing to Osrams or even SFT-12. But let’s wait for the test results.

I discovered this too. The luminance is quite low, maybe due to sideways emitted light (this problem had the Q8WP as well).
It already maxes out at around 6 Amps, with luminance of around 130 cd/mm². The Q8WP reaches over 250 cd/mm², mostly due to much higher light flux and current.

Also the beam is not great, it is basically impossible to get a good light pattern done with Convoy C8 SMO reflector. For Q8WP it was no problem to get a nice spot, only the corona looks like some sort of ‘eye’.

It is not really like the CSLNM1.F1 PC green, since it has more blue and has another peak wavelength. Here is spectral data of this PC Lime 5 W unknown chinese emitter:

The color is not exactly green and also not exactly lime, its something between them. But at least I know for sure that this emitter is not white. It is green on purpose.

Maybe I will write a test of this emitter even without other well-known PC Lime emitters (if someone has one, please PM me!) to get more into this.