Length of NCR18650A vs NCR18650B on Fasttech

Hi! First post here :slight_smile:

I am trying to find the best (and cheapest of course) batteries for my new Fandyfire STL-V6. I have a couple of protected NCR18650B’s fro Fasttech, but the rear cap will not screw all the way in, and the light is not activating correctly. With unprotected NCR18650A’s it’s working fine. And what a great light for the price by the way (except the threads…).

So I’m looking at the lengths of the protected B’s vs the protected A’s on Fasttech, and they claim the A’s are longer than the B’s. Is this correct? I was hoping the A’s would be small enough, since I’m not too comfortable using unprotected cells on this light.

Does anyone have any numbers to share?
Or suggestions for other suppliers with good prices and free shipping for good quality cells?

Thanks for any help!

Fykantrollet

i got generic protected ncr18650a's from dx and their length ranges between 69.61-69.90

mm that is

in other words, they are very long. too long for tiny monsters (tm11, tm15, tm26, etc) for example.

The 18650As are one of the longest out there. 1 have a couple of 4 X 18650 lights that both the Panasonic and Sanyo protected are too long.

Hi there. Nice to see another Norwegian here.
If you are close to Bergen let me know. :wink:

EDIT: Fixed link
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650Summary%20UK.html
Chart the shows the length on the different batteries.
I believe the NCR18650B batteries from intl-outdoor are shorter than the ones from fasttech. Specs says so. And I believe the specs are correct.
I will compare when I get the ones from Fasttech to be 100% sure.
Modifying the spring on the circuit board might be the solution to your problem. It did the trick on my TR-3T6.

Oh my, that was speedy responses :slight_smile:
Fantastic!

RaceR86: I live close to Bodø. Far between flashaholics here. But trying to spread the message to all the Led Lenser lovers :slight_smile: It’s so fun to compare the “almighty” T7 to much cheaper and better options.

Actually I am considering to cut the rear contact cylinder instead of the front spring. But I am worried that I will not get the flat side even to the battery negative pole.

hehe… Funny you would say that.
A very good friend of mine bought X21R (3500,- NOK, 1600 lumen)
Light output is very impressive though. Its like having two flashlights in one. Throw is impressive! But for the price, and size/weight/battery capacity… I would never consider one.
He also have the “mighty” L7.
His L7 made me consider LED lights. Then I saw his X21R . That was the start of my flashlight journey. :slight_smile: I only had incandescent Maglites at that time.

His X21R is still the benchmark for many of my lights. I often compare my newest stuff up towards his light, despite that many of them are the size of his L7. :wink:

My fasttech 3400s are ~69.78mm and my INTL ones are ~68.65-68.77. Basically about a mm shorter.

skyrider: Thanks, I guess I will have to put an order to intl-outdoor then, I think those will fit.

Regarding the X21R: Yes that light has impressive throw. And an impressive PRICE haha. Just yesterday I compared it to a little pet project of mine. It outthrew my “creation” for about 5 minutes. Then the results started to change, either because of thermal stepdown or because of unregulated output (is it regulated?). After 10 minutes my setup threw farther and also had a lot of spill, which the X21R has zero of.

I’m using the term “setup” because it is not just one light. I will start a new thread soon showing it, and I’m sure it will cause some laughs. But it has (for the moment) about 95kcd’s and 2600lumens, so it packs a punch. And no duct-tape is involved :wink:

Cant wait to hear/see more about your “pet-project”. Sounds interesting. :slight_smile:

@RaceR86: I posted some preliminary info here: The "Gadget" - NEW PICS and an update

It’s a work in progress, but precise and flexible. The problem is that I now want another STL-V6 on it to make it a pair.
Or two more to make it a triplet.

Who wants to buy a BC40? :slight_smile: Will soon have no room for it, I want a throwing machine.