Lets get a final conclusion about if deeper engage of enlan's axis lock is better than the edge engage of ganzo's axis lock

But if you engage 1mm on the tang cleary is less safe than if i put 3mm. Almost you could close with your hands staying locked if there isn’t almost touch between tang and lockbar.
Well, we’ll see…

You could always strip it down and gently remove metal from the tang’s flat section but as they are carefully designed to have a slight slope upwards towards the blade you would have to be very careful not to overdo it. that would work for the tang. If it’s the lockbar hitting the end of it’s travel in the slot then elongating the slots in the liners would work.

As long as the lockbar is on the flat portion of the tang then it will lock the blade in position, as the lockbar and tang wear-in then the lock-up becomes stronger.

If I had access to a lathe then I’d make a new lockbar slightly smaller diameter.

i had the same concerns, so i decided that this was going to NOT be a hard use knife. btw here is a link to a guy torture testing a Ganzo g704 (multiple videos). very interesting results.

And… where is the link?

Perhaps the russian guy and his hard tests?

nvm, this thread is ancient. :Sp

sorry, i must have forgotten to include the link. here it is:

Here is how you can tell which will hold up better.

Bedlam Test

also here are teo hard use tests, one on Ganzo g704 and the other on the Benchmade Adamas. The spine whack test is what was interesting to me.

Ganzo g704: http://youtu.be/7T0EIAjQ61Y

BM Adamas: http://youtu.be/LWz_JLXgIL0

btw, it’s in Russian but you get the idea.

There are captions in English on both. :slight_smile:

Just say what the results of the spine tests and you tube videos were?.My internet has been slowed down a d I can’t download any videos thanks.

Sorry for the delayed response. the Ganzo g704 axis lock failed after a few spine wacks but the BM Adamas axis lock never failed. both knives were. brutally torture tested. the Ganzo g704 held it’s own against the BM but the benchmade was the superior winner.