Lets see your budget knife collection.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/stainless-steel-manual-release-folding-knife-with-pouch-black-20cm-length-42353

The Smith and Wesson knockoff is my favorite, very thin solid construction snaps open nicely.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/steel-snake-manual-release-folding-knife-22-5cm-full-length-33987

Boker knockoff a little to big for me to carry comfortably in my pocket, snaps open with authority decent quality.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/steel-manual-release-folding-knife-with-glass-breaker-16-3cm-full-length-30886

Cool little knife I broke the glass breaker off because it will cut you, snaps open medium speed. Kind of cheaply made but it's small so I carry it when I am dressed light, it if it breaks it was only 5 bucks I'll get another.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mini-steel-manual-release-folding-sawtooth-knife-with-clip-22-2cm-full-length-34680

Spyderco knockoff typical DX described as a mini knife it is 23 cm and weighs a ton. Way to big and heavy to carry, this knife is button operated so it may be illegal in some places to own. The blade opens slow and steady this feels like a real quality knife.

I hope that helps.

Ok, I'm going to get the S&W first and see how I like it. I'm a fan of thin knives. The wood one also looks really sweet, and that's next in my queue if I don't kill myself with the first one.

I can one-hand open my SRM's using my thumb as the spring, but automatic is alway good for lazy people like me, lol.

Tried to bid on a 909 but the repressive states of Europe strikes again (no, I'm not in the UK or Ireland and my account wasn't created on ebay.co.uk either):

Dear Buyer

To prevent the circumvention of the eBay.co.uk and eBay.ie Weapon and Knives policy, it is not possible for you to bid on, or buy this item.

Thank you for your understanding.

eBay Trust & Safety

My sympathies. It annoys the %#$@ out of me when big business and big government pull this "we know what's good for you" nonsense and then have the nerve to call it "Trust and Safety".

+1.

I usually vote with my wallet and refuse to do business with corporations that think they need to somehow protect me and won't vote for politicians who can't understand that they work for me and not the other way around.

Hey, Agent. DX forums keep an up to date list of assisted opening knives in one of their threads. It’s the best place to find one and I own several and am thrilled with them. Give it a peek:

http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.-216~threadid.840851

Johnny

Thanks Johnny! A lot of assisted knives there seem to have a squared off "tactical" look to the handle. I wonder if that's just coincidence or what.

No coincidence, just copies of existing knife patterns. Mantis, Boker Kalashnikov, Cold Steel AK-47, Smith and Wesson Border Guard, Extrema Ratio Kol. Moschin, TOPS. I guess that Chinese manufacturers figure that most people interested in inexpensive assisted knives would go for the "tactical" look when deciding which existing patterns to copy.

I don't they're particularly wrong, either.

Well, if you really need that one ask someone from Germany (preferably, as they are less restrictive for knives apparently) to order one for you and post it to you later on. Might be a good idea to order several to save on eu to EU shipping later on.

I managed to get all knives so far but none of the packages was opened by our customs so i can't tell if the big knives were a lucky shot or not.

Germany less restrictive on pocket knives? Compared to where?

UK?

UK

If it has a blade longer than 76mm don't get caught with it.

If the blade locks, don't get caught with it.

Assisted opening: Go straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

I just gave my father (a retired judge) a liner lock multitool. (The Mammut). This is illegal to carry in public here.

Even he put it on his belt to replace the nasty DX multitool I gave him a few years go.

Need I say any more about our knife laws.

The red top (Scummy tabloids. If it has a red masthead, don't bother reading it) media ran a moral panic series on "knife crime" a few years back so the collection of idiots governing us put out some new and stupid laws.

Freedom of the press is a great thing if you happen to own a press. Just ask those profiting from the attack on our (Actually the EU's) privacy laws. Funny how most of them are not UK citizens. Like Rupert (May he rot in hell forever) Murdoch and his even nastier son James.

The current collection of idiots governing us are worse.

"Don't vote, it only encourages them!"

Wow thats terrible...Its really Orwellian like big-brother. Ive read you guys have security cameras on all the streets to watch you guys too. :(

Thats why I like it in North America...its not perfect but not like in your area either...

God Bless the second amendment!!! Can’t carry knife with a linear lock on it .Are you f-ing kidding me? Good luck to you.

Amen.

Problem is at this point in time, the big 2A doesn't really deal with knives as far as most courts are concerned. Heller dealt with the original meaning of the RKBA, being an individual right at the federal level and McDonald covered incorporation (ie. DP vs. 14A, and how it applies to the states; IOW, what does it all mean?). Both dealt with possession in the home. That's being worked on (see the Yolo case, amongst others) and I suspect it will take quite a while until we can get SCOTUS to rule on that, if at all. These things take time. Heller took about six years from start to finish, and that was with substantial backing, both in terms of money and political influence and let's not forget that Gura could have easily given up on the whole thing when things got rough and I assume others would have (talking about Heller here; I'm not qualified to comment on McDonald but, personally, I can see why he pushed for 14A incorporation). In any case, knives are still a long, long way off and the thing is there's no money in knives. Yeah, the NRA ain't perfect but most politicians know that messing with the NRA is a good way to lose elections. Heck, they still remember the backlash from Clinton's AWB. Not to mention, that there are quite a few other, resourceful organizations that focus on the RKBA: GOA and SAF, just to name two. There's just no such thing for knife owners - not in terms of political influence, nor legislative action.

Not a liner lock. Any sort of lock.

If the knife is safe to use and has a blade longer than 3" (76mm) welcome to jail!

If it locks and is less than an inch long. Welcome to jail. And a minimum of 5 years for "knife crime".

@^^%&$%^$*&^ tabloids.

Crucifixion is far too good for those who form UK public opinion (Yeah Rupert and James Murdoch, I'm looking at you! Don't get me started on the successors to Lord Beaverbrook)

The Daily Hate!

If it's any consolation, the media on this side of the pond isn't much better. The tabloids mostly focus on celebrity content, as far as I can tell (and I could easily be wrong about that as I don't read them) but at this point we have several 24/7 cable news channels that pretty much cater to to their own demographic and all of them care more about numbers than journalistic integrity: you got MSNBC and its affiliates for the liberal crowd and Foxnews serves as its conservative counterpart. Both network will happily push an agenda if it makes them money. The others are somewhere in between but certainly not shy about spewing nonsense, at least as a general rule of thumb.

Folders and MTs:

I like larger folders a lot better than the flimsy 700-series knives, I keep asking myelf where the advantages of the small folders are over my Swiss army knife from Victorinox... so far I haven't found a single reason. Knives that I have given away to a friend are the SRM 736,939,702,704, Bee L05-1.

Additional knife that is en route - Bee L02 from BOB.

I have twin pairs of the EL01, Bee L03-3 and SRM 909. That show what knives I think are most useful to me and I am happy that I bought some of the 900-series SRM, while they where still available.... I am still not sold on the axis lock... I think the way they are operated is inferior to liner locks and a lot inferior to the flipper of the EL01. EL01 is the knife to get if you want maximum quality for your money. SRM 909 and BEE L03-2 are my EDCs (large utilitarian, medium "gentlemenny"). The SRM 605 makes a ulta-small,nice,thin 5th-pocket knife and is so non-threatening to people the you can take it everywhere. Most of my knives have partial or full flat grind.

Black G10 Collection (Enlan EL01, SRM 902, Bee L02, SRM 704)

Smaller ones (710,603 and 401 not mine):

939 not mine any more:

Fixed knives:

Enlan EL06, SRM 707 , SRM 718, , SRM 681, Victorinox

Even more comparision pics HERE and as a slideshow There

Droooooool.

Wow ah Vectrex what a nice collection, is there any chance I could get your address and find out when you are not going to be home for a while...........you don't have a dog do you. :)

I will hide them in my bear trap .... just in case.. ;-)