LG high CRI LED E2L flashlight-maybe this LED is unknow to everyone..

Using a constant current power supply improves the tint, but only marginally. It is still duv 0.0100 so very green.

Btw, here’s the LG and a Nichia SW40 combined. Nichia output a bit higher and the LG just supports it. At similar levels the beam is too green and CRI is much worse than with just the Nichia.

Here’s only the Nichia. No big change in overall indexes except that R9 is better without the LG and some turquoise and blues are a bit better with. I see no practical reason to combine them.

Very interresting tests maukka.
Thanks a lot for having taken the time to do this. :+1:

Wow, these LEDs are tough to use…
Bad tint shift, even in most frosted or pebbled TIR optics.
Haven’t tried the triple set up yet though.

On a positive note, they’re better than an average XM-L2 regarding colour rendition and tint.
They’re less bright though.

So i have one in a Nitecore HC30 now, but i had to try 3 different TIR optics before it was without tint shift.
I use a (i think) 45° TIR with relatively high pebbles now.
I can imagine the nightmare it will produce with an aluminium reflector…

Hmm. Green color have the wavelength between 495–570 nm.

Electroplate the reflector somehow with copper to reduce the reflectance of green with around 40%?
But that would include alot of blue color reduction to.

Are this LG LEDs similar to Samsung LH351D?

Just almost bought Z1 XHP50.2 shorty. But after adding shipping to Poland it’s about $70, a bit beyond my budget. :frowning:

If nobody knows, I will order few and sent samples to maukka and djozz.

What is ‘similar’ ? :slight_smile:

Same technologies in led die, phosphor layer and silicon dome = same tint and tint shift problems.
I will have 70cri leds with high bin and low Vf. Datasheet promises output similar to xp-l2 - I dont believe korean datasheets, will be interesting to see real tests.

Before maukka test, what can you say about their tint?

Samsungs are in reel cut, other leds are 4500K XHP50 ( Offer expired ), UV led from convoy s2+.