Light wanted for my wife

Features:-

1. Must run on single 18650 or 14500 protected cell (or have built in low voltage warning or cut off as she is likely to run the light till the cell is dead if there is no warning, come to think of it she probably will even if there is)
2. Must be single mode on/off as she can”t understand UI
3. Must have pretty coloured body (preferably red, or purple or pink as she thinks black torches are “ugly & to her the body colour is the most important thing !)
4. Does not matter if it is fixed or zoomie as she will never work out how to use zoomie feature
5. The cheaper the better as beam pattern, tint etc mean nothing to her so can be horrible blue or green tint, lots of artifacts etc
6. Must ship to the UK

If it had not been for the UI I would have spoiled her & got her a Convoy S2+ in red but she has had a go with my S2+ grey & couldn”t get on with it.
I did find some coloured body single mode SK 68 clones a few weeks back & ordered 3 but the seller didn”t ship & just refunded my money & the ad has gone now.

Simon from Convoy can do some custom modes on a red S2+ to make it single mode.
4*7135, 1A tint and you’re good !

Yes I had thought of that (no idea of cost) but to be honest a quality light will be totally wasted on my wife as she will no doubt break or lose the light on a fairly regular basis so I would rather buy her several cheap lights rather than 1 good light.

About losing it, I can’t really do something. But for the “rough meet with concrete floor” part, Convoys are made for that !
You can even replace the stock optic + glass for a 10° TIR optic that will nerver break no matter the force of impact.

Why not the Astrolux A01?

Cheap, bonny, simple AAA

I have loads of 18650 cells & some 14500”s already & my lights I take away in my camper van (which is what this light will be used for) are 18650”s so would prefer to stick with these cells, preferably 18650 as it reduces the number & type of cell I have to take.
This light will be used to go to the shower/toilet block at night, I prefer a headlamp for this but my wife won”t wear one as she says it messes up her hair.
Women eh >-)

If she is indeed so careless as to use a Li ion beyond specs after explaining the Li ion safety 101, better stay away from that and get a nice looking light with AA or AAA cells.
But before you rule anything out, just explain the dangers and how much a decent cell cost and surely she will do a weekly check of the cell, as does my wife since she understands about the importance of it.

We watched the mhanlen video about the BLF special of this and my wife really liked the looks of it. I had just ordered two via the groupbuy 3rd batch produced!! GBGB: 2nd batch of BLF-348 (Classy and Small 1xAAA Stainless Steel light, with Nichia NVSW219B-V1 R9050)! and she was totally OK with that.
http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_227505.html

You do not know my wife, common sense & safety are alien concepts to her :wink:
If the light uses protected cells she can”t really do any damage as it should just trip the protection.
I would be keeping an eye on her usage anyway & replacing/recharging the cell as needed.

Well, just go with a light that will shut off before protection icks in (again S2+, just ask Simon to make the 4 chip version single mode)
Sturdy, again S2+
nice color, again S2+but red

And f she does not like the color, just remove all the parts and put the body on the stove with her next to you. The color will change and when shiny bronze she might want that better (the olor my wifes now has, she loves it) do not forget removing the orings

Not sound to be sexist, but I think most of the fairer-species are programmed that way.
I give my wife the red Convoy S2+ (7135 *3 driver) with short 18350 tube as EDC.
She is fine with the S2+ half-click UI, and asked me to leave the strobe and beacon modes on.
The only thing that she hasn’t grasps yet is on the Li-Ion safety, so normally I make it a habit of checking the 18350 battery in her torchlight using DMM as I’m using IMR battery for the light.

By the sound of it, your wife will not care about the type of cell you have to carry. She will care about the colour and size. Small and pretty. That means AA/AAA opens you up to a massively wider range than Li-ion enthusiast torches. We’re trying to save you money here…….

I think I will have to agree that the Convoy S2+ in red with a single mode UI is probably the best option.
What is the best way to contact Simon, on here or through his Aliexpress store ?

AE and it will take some time for him to respond

Now just hope your wife never reads this thread she will not be amused :wink:

His Aliexpress store