lightmalls.com

hey Bert,

Could you stop using uppercase all the time? As I understand Lightmalls has earned being shouted at, but we gentle and moderate BLF-readers deserve better than that.

Thanks

Hi Bert L. Friedman, hate to hear about your troubles, even so it does seem to happen at one time or another with almost any china seller. I have had good luck with them through several orders. I do understand your flame, as most anyone here has experienced some kind of problem with china resellers. Its the way each of us handle the problem that seem to make a difference. Maybe you should go ahead and file a claim with PP. This seems to get things in gear sometimes. I will also suggest sending a email linking this very thread, that seems to help sometimes too (out there for the whole world to see you know). It could also be possible your email may not be getting through. I would try a different email client. They are also having a holiday right now, so emails may not be seen for a couple of more days. I would most definitely watch my 45 day PP window. We all know your frustrated, if you ask for help maybe someone can give you some useful info to help. We have almost all been in your shoes before with similar problems. There are some pretty savvy people on this forum when it comes to handling problems from china sellers. :wink:

Hey Bert. Well they aren’t going to see your frustration here, almost guaranteed. I’d do as Moderator007 says: file the Paypal claim w/in 45 days, and that should get the ball rolling. When talking to them, do not use excessive words, or show your frustration as you will probably just confuse them anyways (most dont speak English very well). Write in very short concise sentences, leave them a few days for each response, but keep your Paypal claim going until you get what you need from them. This way, even if they dont speak English, they can put each sentence into Google translate and it will do a pretty good job.

Example of what you said above so that they can understand:

“Hello,

I did not receive my order 343order-numbers892. I will file a claim with Paypal.

I paid $x.xx for Express Shipping. You did not use Express Shipping. I want $x.xx refunded to me.

Thanks.”

Its probably even better to leave the second line in a separate email, its likely they will deal with one and not the other issue. Multiple issues at the same time will also confuse them.

*Also, they apparently have a week of holiday, so consider 10/8/13 as the “next day” in any communications and expect a reply by 10/10/13, dont send another email till they reply or until then.

That brought up some hilarious interactions I’ve had with Ebayers. I sent compound requests in a message and only one would get fixed, always ended up just sending multiple single requests in the end.

Same experience here.
Its like there speed reading and only read the first line in my email and forget the rest.

I know that I might have come off very mad. But I started off with all great intentions. I am so excited about the product I get to soon reveal, and I was counting on having some high quality lights to sell along side my design.
I have not had the same experience as you guys when it comes to them not reading my emails. I was very detailed in asking specific questions as to my goals and needs for some inventory. This was important and I stressed it up front with them.

I guess it is just a learning experience and I have learned there are lots of helpful folks here.
Today I contacted paypal and was immediately promoted from dispute to claim………………. they were super professional

Online Sellers should not advertise “express shipping” methods that they have no intention of honoring………….

this does sukk though cause they seem to have awesome pricing…………. but all I got to buy was airtime

Point! +1

Listen to B42, Bert. He knows what’s going on.

And never expect “express” from anything overseas. Like many here, I learned the hard way.

What is kinda funny and ironic is the effort they made to get me to write a review of their products right on this site and CPF. Can’t talk about what I did not receive.

I’ll keep that in mind for when the weather gets over 35c, its only spring down here.

Cheers David (who hates being called dave :wink: )

I love jumping in lakes.

“Online Sellers should not advertise “express shipping” methods that they have no intention of honoring…“. This idea has just turned on the light bulb on my head. It’s fair anyway.

:star:

8) 8) 8) :cowboy_hat_face: :nerd_face: |(

Of all the wasted space in “Cyberspace” you took time to be concerned about my uppercaesedness. I can not begin to tell you how warm and fuzzy that makes me feel.

djozz you are strange and weird in a non helpful way all at the same time

“Now disappear scumbag private joker is promoted to squad leader1’

ok, ok, I'm gone (it's me, I just love lower case, thanks for that )

Hong Kong Post - Delay In Outbound Air Mail Services maybe this is really “whats up” H)
it would have made all the difference in the world if lightmalls.com had just made me aware of this
I really can work with or around any situation and adapt to the issues presented to me.
Looks like FastTech has a better communication paradigm going………………

djozz, unhelpfull?

Click on djozz’s name then have a look at some of djozz’s posts.

I can understand your impatience, but seriously, lashing out at any and all who comment is really counterproductive.

From his first post,

You are going into a buisness dealing with the public using people skills like yours , good luck with that.

This is either someone that has not the slightest idea of dealing with the public or its a troll, can’t decide which.

And provided you keep the language decent you can call me whatever you want, I have been around forums since they were Bulletin Boards and have several pairs of scorched asbestos undies to prove it.

Cheers David

A little from column A, a little from column B. ;)

My package form lightmalls arrived a day early which is good and bad. I had a paypal claim and was ready to refuse the package after the multi bs shipping hassles. I came home the 14th and it was left even though I did not sign. So that phase of this learning experience is over. The package was in pretty rough shape. The contents were not packed very well. Some used up looking bubble wrap.
I am going to do a full review in a separate post and get away from this very negative post. But that post is going to include the facts that the package was short one C8 and one battery was DOA. They say they will make good on this. I guess I need to listen to you all and realize dealing with china is VERY DIFFERENT. Honestly this is the first purchase I have ever made straight from China.

I have thanked several folks here for the help with this and I really was kinda poking fun at djozz
I used ONE CURSE word which I quickly changed when I saw kids use this and someone was offended and that was not that bad of a word.
I have great people skills and VERY little patience at this time cause lot on my plate. I am not the only person on this forum that has experienced and/or expressed frustration. I m sure what you say could be true about his helpful posts.
Honestly did the quote from Full Metal Jacket not make u laugh little? “DARN” whom is really the most uptight??
I even have admitted this was a slightly negative post.
I’m sure I will do better with posts here sorry if I burnt what was left of your hair………………

Haven't seen it, so no. Funny movie?