LiionWholesale Batteries/Flashlight/Charger Giveaway (Facebook entry, USA only)

Giveaways started here by members giving out of the kindness of their hearts .A free flashlight with zero strings attached .That is vastly different than what a vendor is doing when hosting a giveaway on BLF .Since they have much more to gain I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to participate in the same way as an individual .

Every single Facebook designed GAW get hammered by members so It's nothing personal. A basic search on BLF will prove there is no malice on members parts. My question is where is Wolfdog ?? A good neighbor would have let Jon know that doing a Facebook GAW on BLF is bound to result in lots of members giving you a thumbs down .

It seems like the quicker you let a vendor know it's a horrible idea the more likely that they will change their strategy since their objective is to GAIN.....where a members motivation is to GIVE.

BLF members ARE entitled in my opinion. Membership has it's privileges and also it's responsibilities .

So in my opinion ... if you think members here think they are entitled .....Prove that they aren't by starting a giveaway .

Anyone adding stupid hoops that people need to jump thru ...like having to join a social media that has major privacy issues and you can rest assured members here won't quietly put up with it

I think Jon is probably a great guy who runs a nice business (I've bought from him ) ..But he's here on our turf , in our sandbox .Like every vendor who joins he should know what members here want or don't want .clearly if he knew this ahead of time he wouldn't have thrown himself and his business into the lions den .Facebooks widely hated here on the forum and I doubt he was looking for negative promotion. I agree members shouldn't act like spoiled children but I also think supporting a bad idea ..is a bad idea .

I have been reading replies for a week and thought I would say something.

I look at it this way.

-I am not fond of FB. The primary reason I did NOT enter is my next comment below.

-I have plenty of stuff myself and do not need anymore. Someone else could use it.

-Jon is nice enough to give stuff away and was NOT familiar with all the animosity towards FB!

-It is simple, he does NOT ship to other parts of the world because of cost, he has NO animosity against Europe/Asia ect.

- IF you do not live in USA and take it personal, that is your problem!

-iirc I have seen other give aways whether it be a member or a dealer, where the USA was excluded. I did not even post anything,no big deal!

- My hometown dealer is the fairest and nicest dealer I have ever dealt with. It would take too long to mention all the deals/replacements that I have gotten where he really did NOT have to do it because of warranty expirations ect.

lol!!!

You know what is funny. We must have been posting at the same time because I did NOT see your post until after I posted mine. :wink:

To answer your question.

Really SIMPLE.

1. He had this thread started before I even saw it it or knew about it.
  1. I really did not know about all the animosity to GAW’S associated with FB! ,Until now! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thing is…. this was not a GAW hosted on BLF. It was hosted on FaceBook.

The way I read it all he did was post a ‘heads up’ here on BLF to alert anyone who might wish to participate.

The saying “No good deed goes unpunished” comes to my mind when thinking of this situation. YMMV.

I too had no idea about the apparent disdain for FaceBook by some here on BLF. Is that position an unwritten BLF standard or a personal thing?

It's a personal thing.

There's no official or unofficial rule against FaceBook giveaways; Many BLF members just don't care for them.

By the way, my FaceBook account is private, so only I can access it.

I use it just for giveaways.

That's a possible workaround.

/\…. :+1:

Mine also is private. Had to have one to make a account for my business.Or something like that, a kid set up for me.

I have replied twice! There question is WHERE IS BOAZ after trying to place the blame[when there is none] on me! :sunglasses:

There are many of you who know more about flashlights than I do,but when it comes to human behavior and reading through BS in forms of justification, manipulation and trying to make some one feel guilty or responsible for something that has no bearing or ground to stand on,SORRY that does not work and makes you look like, :wink:

No, facebook can access it as well as share with whoever they choose.

And…facebook knows about you much more than you disclosed to them.

Years ago I created a fake FB account. Literally all details that I entered were fake, except for the email address. Back then there were not that many required fields anyway.
I used it once or twice to access some fb hosted website and then forgot about it.
Years later while going through spam I noticed an e-mail from FB encouraging me to concact some people I may have known.
I actually knew half of them.
How did they link my fake account to them? I don’t have the faintest. But they did.

Vapcell have Vapcell 26650 5500mAh 20A

http://www.vapcelltech.com/index.php/Show/index/cid/37/id/84.html

It was the “you have to like and comment on our FB page to enter the contest” that bothered me. To me, that drags someone’s personal profile into their advertising. It tells all your friends and family that you’re entering a contest, and directs advertising to them.

I don’t want my social media profile used to advertise to my friends and family.

If it was just for BLF, then I have no issue with one of the rules being you have to comment. This is a group dedicated to that stuff, so I don’t really care.

But facebook goes way too far. Some people might not care what facebook collects on them, and how their personal profile is used to advertise to friends, family, and the public. And, that is what advertisers want when they run facebook contests. I’m still old-school I guess.

Yep...I'm sure I tried not to throw all the blame on you .... but couldn't help myself :P

When in doubt blame the dog .

I had to laugh in hearty agreement when I read this. :smiley: . You sure hit the nail squarely on the head…. :+1:

It’s not just similar, it is a carbon copy; just different content. :smiley:

Examples are racing thru my head but I’ll just keep them there to protect the guilty… myself included. :smiley: . :person_facepalming: . :smiley: . :smiley:

I was hoping someone would convince me how it isn’t. :question:

I have a fak€buuk account under a convenient alias to limit privacy intrusions. I don't know exactly how winning a GAW under a fak€buuk alias would work though; I'd have to reveal my true ID and location info. Not worth sacrificing OpSec for item(s) of small worth.

Thanks anyway, OP.

slmjim

I’m thinking that would be just about impossible…… :smiley: