Liitokala Lii - 500?

Hey, it must be these guys

They rock and rain ….

They all appear to sell the genuine Litokalla chargers, the scam is in trying to appear as if they are the official Litokalla store which they clearly can't all be, probably none are.

That covers the bottom line……… :+1:

Exactly……… :slight_smile:

Could it be that LiitoKala authorizes multiple resellers?

Maybe someone here should apply and see if you can get the wholesale prices ….

I think they probably do…. although I do not see how or think that would make each one The Official LiitoKala Store.

I do know that they will design & build a charger to specs provided them. I just do not know, at this point; what pricing or the minimum order is.

I have bought mine from BG one year before at about $22.00,and it works fine.Nevertheless,I put a 230V mini fan below it when in use,so as it is not gets hot when I charge 4 batteries at 1000mA. :wink:

The Li-500 power supply got busted. Any idea where I can get a better power-supply for the charger. This was the second one within a year.

Ebay has a ton. Just make sure the connector is the right size. It’s 5.5mm x 2.1mm. Also, I’d get one rated higher than the original. Something like 5 amps. Overkill is your friend.

One other thing, make sure the AC plug matches your wall outlets.

Sure. Just a tip. Much better spending something more on a proper 2-3 A power supply than on a cheap 5A one. I've bought a lot of these from ebay or aliex. You will get something like this (5A MFG rated)

EDIT

sorry since few weeks now I'm not able to post photos, simply nothing happens whe i press ok on the appropriate and compiled form.

I give up! the following link are links to the photos google photo

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RbGnkFNrABcBuVcI2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4jq3Ap6RFNlnhb9p1

Google Photos

Thanks guys for the recommendations and tips.

I put this together a few years ago to power my chargers. It utilizes a 12 volt, 5 amp power module I purchased off ebay. I had all the other parts in stock so it basically cost me under $10 to put together

Here it is being tested at just under 6 amps. I ran it for an hour at this load and it still maintained 12.2 volts. At 6 amps, the supply went into it’s protection mode. Reducing the load the power supply came back to life. As far as heat generated during the test, it only got warm to the touch.
I like that it was able to exceed it’s rating by almost an amp.

The internals

I added this at a later date. I’m able to power up to 4 chargers at the same time

You can buy Meanwell power supply to use with LII. Xbox power supply or any 12V compact PS :slight_smile:
Mike

@atbglenn that's lovely!

@sp5it I think that you gave a pretty solid advice. Go with a known product replacement. Just beware that if I recall correctly meanwell are widely faked by shady manufacturers.

I'll add another tip. Usually "led strips style" PSUs are less far from they specs... Sure they are less practical and you have to make your own cables

TheBo, thanks! I love the electronic load you have there. I built mine. It only does up to 10 amps. it’s got a 10 turn pot so I’m able to make fine adjustments.
I’m retired so I have plenty of time to make cables :slight_smile: BTW, I’m thinking about getting a larger project box to fit everything in one box instead of my Rube Goldberg setup. I think it would look great.

@abtglenn you surely know your things! :) and.... in confidence I've just learned something from you ... what you where meaning by Rube Goldberg.... very fine knowledge ...thank you

This one oughts to be good. Look at the user submitted product pics:

Seller: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Netbook-Laptop-12V-3A-AC-Adapter-Battery-Charger-Power-Cord-Supply/32787944328.html

Alternative bit cheaper seller: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12V-3A-AC-Adapter-Battery-Charger-Power-Cord-Supply-For-ASUS-Netbook-Laptop-L059-New-hot/32821731488.html

Clean power 24/7.

P.S.: no AC power cord included.

I got one of THESE from ebay seller ‘speaker_joe’ to replace the crappy power supply that came with my OPUS 3100 v2.2
It has worked out nicely.

If you were to order, mention you will need a 5.5 x 2.5 to 5.5 x 2.1 adapter & he will include it.

Glenn, I am still envious of your set up…… :wink:

Teacher, so am I. Lol

:beer::beer: … :+1:

Ordered one of these.