List of Actively Cooled Lights

I will look into those.

Just an update. Acebeam has announced the list price on their X70. It is $750.

I was asked about the triple fan power consumption of the X70 in another thread, so I figured I’d post it here, too.

No one actually knows the size of the fans in the X70, so judging by the video I guess they are about 40mm. The typical 40mm fan uses about 1.2 Watts of power, so three of them would be 3.6 Watts. Compare that to the 350+ watts the emitters are drawing on Turbo and the fans are only using about 1% which is not significant at all. I’d say it’s negligible.

I ran across two new/old pictures of the fan setup in the Olight X9 prototype. It shows how the led shelf is finned on the bottom. It’s pretty cool.

I think it also shows that the fan has its own temperature probe and that it was not controlled through the driver. Don’t qoute me on that, though.

It seems to be basically the same light, but with different power levels (maybe different emitters?). I added it to post #1.

Hi everyone, Imalent just released a new actively cooled light called the MS12. It is rated at 53,000 lumen using 8 x 20700 cells.

Utilizes 12 pieces of American CREE XHP 70 LEDs (not 70.2), with a lifespan of up to 50000 hours
maximum output of 53000 lumens
stable 15000 lumens
913 m throw
fan cooled
8pcs 20700 battery pack
MSRP 609.95 USD

It seems Acebeam has bumped up the specs of their X70 light from 40,000 lumen to 60,000 lumen!

The new version of the X70 has lost the internal fans and now has a fan built into an add-on handle which seems to have a single 18650 in it. Output increased to 60,000 lumen. MSRP is $629.

New pics:

Does anyone have any experience with this? Seems decent if it’s easy to swap out the LEDs. I’m thinking putting in triples or quad mcpcb or 4x E21A would make this thing very useful.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LUCKYSUN-Upgrade-UV-LED-Inspectioin-Flashlight-4-x-nichia-365nm-with-Fan-Dissipate-heat-function/32918853572.html

I it only me or is anybody else seeing similarities between the X70 Handle and a cheese grinder? :smiley:

Here is a list of all the lights air flow patterns. The Storm of Ra should be obvious.

The prototype Olight X9.

I’m guessing on this Microfire due to lack of data.

The protoype X70. It had 3 fans so it looked like it had 3 dividers using 120° of the diameter. So it had 3 inlets and 3 outlets.

The new version of the X70 has the external fan and “looks” like it has air blowing across the exterior.

I am still guessing on the MS12 design. Their fan style and layout is very odd. I’m guessing they are using a divider to get the air to go in one side and out the other, but it’s not working very well.

Hi everyone, Imalent just released a new actively cooled light called the MS18. It is rated at 100,000 lumen using 18 XHP70.2 and 8 × 21700 cells.

subbed

Interesting thread. First time I see all the fan cooled lights together.

The BLF Sabre pedestal design was intended to have about a 1/4” gap between fan and body, but be fully on the head fins to force air through their gaps. The difference here was that it was suppose to come down into EDC size and 1000 lumen continues sustainability. Theoretically, 2.5 hours off a single 21700 cell. Or the operator could choose a non fan version and there would still be a lot of air circulation in the 1/2” air gap between the head and body. Probably still sustain about 400-500 lumen continuously. Which meets “my” criteria for an emergency light.

Then there is the evil 50,000 lumen BLF Quasar……

Yooo…Sofirn……wake up.

I’m not familiar with either of the Sabre or Quasar. Are they being produced?

wtb Lux RC Labs Fat Boy 1 for $50 :disappointed:

No idea what they actually sold for since they do such limited runs. I wouldn’t be surprised if they sold for thousands of $ per light.

By the millions…in my mind.

Here is the cooling design of the new Imalent MS18.

It looks like they are using a copper CPU with heat pipes and a twin fan push/pull configuration.

Finally someone used a heatpipe…for me that’s much more interesting than the fans.

I think the effect of the heat pipes on overall cooling is negligible.