List your "Recommended"/Favourite Budget Knives

You are completely right.. Somehow it's name got all mixed up in my head because of the SMR 710 which I also have (and enjoy). Edited the post.

At last my new Ganzo G710 has arrived along with the Enlan EL-01D. The G710 is awesome! The fit and finish is similar to $100+ value folder. Check out the other pics in my blog too.

If you can find a knife you want on the Exduct special limited product page it seems to be the best deal going on the Chinese larger size folding knives, so far I ordered 2 Bee knives, I am almost ready to pull the trigger on the an Enlan Micarta handle axis lock off the sale page. You can easily pick up a 5% off Exduct coupon at the retail-me-not web page. Both times the coupon worked fine on even the special limited product page. I am using the under $3 china post option also. I would expect delivery will take 4-6 weeks to arrive but I have nothing tangible yet to report on China post shipping speeds. It is hard to beat the Exduct selection of budget knives. IMHO the quality should be the same from the discount page I think it is just a way to adjust excess inventory of certain models each month. So far my larger knives Enlan EL01-A and the Sanrenmu 939 both are very nicely made.

I agree the Enlan EL-01A is an outstanding value nice G10 handle thick heavy duty construction, a "flipper tang" to aid in fast blade deployment, it is just a really cool tactical folder, and it feels great in the hand. It is a bit heavy for an EDC knife unless you live way out in the country. If you want to try a bigger knife this is a cost effective way to test the water.

But if you want a lighter weight urban EDC knife a much smaller Sanrenmu 763, or 710 might be a better choice.

isti242 (or other person), i read than ganzo 710 has 4mm thick blade and you write 3.7mm which is the real wide?.

i have an Enlan el01, i like ganzo 710 very much, can you compare both?.

I'm not a big fan of Chinese budget knives, even though I own 6 or 7. Somehow they just don't seem to stack up to knives in the $25-100 range. If I was go with the best budget knife I have found it would be the Humvee knife/flashlight combo. You can get it at Amazoni for $15, and if you have a Big 5 Sporting Goods store near you, they have them for $10.

Good quality knife (the flashlight is junk), it has a glass-breaker and internal seat-belt cutter, and there is no play in the blade. But the biggest reason I recommend it is that it is incredibly SHARP right out of the box. It's not a knife you're proud to show off, but is is a great one to keep in your car as an emergency tool.

http://www.amazon.com/Humvee-HMV-KC-ER1-Black-Emergency-Rescue/dp/B002BPU8NQ

I got 2 EL-02B's, an EL-04MCT and a Ganzo (forgot the model #) from Exduct awhile back-wanted to see what axis lock was all about, and I can't afford Benchmade.

Also grabbed a BEE L06.

Everything from Enlan is beautiful... silky smooth opening/closing and they all lock up tight without a hint of play anywhere. The workmanship is wonderful.

If they were spring assisted, that would be perfect, but I found these attractive enough that I ordered them anyway, without regret... they are beautiful!

Rich

I've just checked it again. The blade thickness of the Ganzo 710 is exactly 3.7 mm.

I'll update my blog with some comparison pics (G710 vs. EL01) soon.

The EL-04 was my first Enlan knife, and it drove me back to the trough for some EL-02s

I have that , and bought another coz is on sale, is very useful, looks cool and cheap ...but is cheap less of 2$

Here are the pics.

Exduct has added a new 4in1 EDC Knife Set to their Special Limited Products page!

It contains:

Sanrenmu GB763

Sanrenmu LB763

Sanrenmu LB-TA01

Sanrenmu ZB-T21

For $36,59 shipped (may depend on your location) it's a great value in my opinion and it seems to be good to determine which kind of lock, kind of blade type and handle you like.

Use the coupon code "BLFgiveaway" to save 5%!

+1

I have the old version and it is a great value. Solid lockup. Unlikely to fail. Excellent value. I have ordered extras to be loaned out/given away.

I received my Enlan EL-01 lately and would definitely recommend this. The quality of that knife is just incredible for the price point. I really like it.

I was wondering about the new Enlan EL-08.

It is a bit expensive with it's price of $20, but it has some nice features I think: included pouch, sandblasted blade, frame lock and with 9Cr13CoMoV a really good blade steel.

I will order one now and will report back!

Make sure you use the discount code "BLFgiveaway" when you order something to save 5%.

According to the pictures it seems the blade of the EL08 has a satin finish.

Anyway it looks really cool. I look forward to your report.

Thanks for comparing both models isti. I see the ganzo 710 has a shorter blade than enlan el01 (i have one), i big folders with long blades. I have el01 and el03 but haven't ganzos. I like very much the good looking of g710 but it seems a little short. And the handle seems too short too. The enlan el01 and el03 have the handle a bit short for my hands (and i don't think that i have large hands).

You're welcome!

If you find the handle of the EL01 short you should really consider the Navy K627:

or the Navy K632 too:

I see on reviews that the ganzo g710 has 95 mm blade length and enlan el01 94 mm, but on the photos the ganzo seems has shorter blade than enlan. Which is the true?.

By the way, the most sturdy, strong and beast folder that i have seen on that size is the cold steel spartan but in other order of price of enlan/navy/ganzo/sanrenmu.

It depends on where you measure the length because of the different handle shapes.

The cutting edge of the EL01 is definitely longer with 3-4 mm.