LIVE ! Groupbuy: 26350 cells

These aren’t available any more, Anthon. There’s another old thread around here with a link to some on Alibaba, where these were sourced from (through Banggood) and even those are gone! There are still some on Alibaba, and you can find them if you do a search there, but I don’t know if they’re the same as these, since it’s a different seller. cbrake10 said above that Fasttech has them, but he didn’t get any because the shipping is too high. If your country doesn’t have the same shipping restrictions, you might get them cheap enough there.

EDIT: Just a thought, but maybe M4D M4X should change the title to reflect that these cells are no longer available. :wink:

Thank you, ordered two from fasttech for $8

You’re welcome! I’m glad it worked out for you!

Are they no longer available at BG or just temporarily out of stock?

i ask banggood tomorrow

Did you get a response from Banggood?

I need it too! 26350

I just tried to order 4 of them from FastTech and the shipping to the US was $34! Thats about $50 total.

Did Banggood have similar or lower shipping costs when they had them in stock?

Plz send a code and link when these are available

free shipping

Oh Snaaaaaaap!
Now I’m sad.

I wish some US sellers would start carrying them, like MTN Electronics, etc…

Expensive shipping for me also to Baton Rouge—the only way it gets better is to buy several

i try, i try...

I missed the boat.

Well, I want 4@$5 with free shipping, dunno if that will ever happen

By the way, have these cells in any way been reviewed by someone?

Average reported capacity? Any idea of their internal resistance?

Cheers ^:)

In the OP… :person_facepalming:

Has anyone used these batteries to power a small light using an xhp50 or xhp70?

I want to do that using a FET driver (because I want ramping software), but it’s probably going to pull too many amps for these 2 cells. I got 12 amps in an L6 with Liitokalas. The 26350 can only do what, 7 amps at most safely?

Should I set the turbo limit to 60% or maybe 80% to limit the strain/amp draw on the batteries?

Or should I just leave it at 100% and try not to use full turbo?

Any suggestions?

The internal resistance of these cells is relatively high, so no high power delivery. Cells can do 7A, but voltage sag gets really bad as usually happens when you push a cell to its limits. As I see, best suited for buck drivers on 1S emitters (LD-29, for example), providing good performance over a fully regulated mode spectrum (LD-29's first low voltage warning is at 6.7V, which would be 0K here as it wouldn't pull more than 3A from the 2S cell pack even for a decently overdriven emitter).

If you are aiming for a compact sized XHP torch, I'd go the boost way. With a sense resistor mod, I believe Kaidomain's H1-A could reach 5A, or at least well above 4A if cooling isn't up to par. There's also the GXB20, which looks pretty awesome:

A cell like the LiitoKala 26650-50A can provide the 10+A required for that to happen.

High current tail switch advisable. :-)

This remembers me of an idea I had in mind for a host I have lying around, using a nice LD-29S (Kaidomain). That's a buck driver geared for 2S emitters. If you can install a 40mm extension tube on your host, you could go 3S 26350s. Looking at the discharge graph, notice the cells can still deliver near full capacity at close to 5A down to 3V. Pretty nice input to drive an XHP really hard. Also, please notice the LD-29S equips a beefy 10A schottky onboard, and an efficient onboard R020 (20mΩ, 50Ʊ) for 3A of driving current (60mV sense). That's an additional 1.2A each R050 you stack over, 0.6A each R100, etc.

Well, that's a lot of power, and not just for a few minutes of bragging rights via the FET route (unregulated, only works right fully charged or nearly, crappy PWM low modes, etc).

The GXB20 is not really available the last time I checked. Are they in production?

I ordered a H1-A 4 weeks ago and have not received it yet. I thought they did 2.7 amps stock. If it can be modded for 4 amp, then that’s pretty good, but I dont think either of those work with an E-switch.

So my only real options are to use 26350 batteries.

DBCUSTOM was just saying that the nature of FETS is that they don’t deliver more than the batteries can supply. So I may just order the FET driver, keep the 255 setting (So it can do full turbo) and see what happens.

My other driver choice was a constant current driver from MTN that uses 16 of the 7135 for 6 amps current. I could remove some to lower the amp draw, but it doesn’t have ramping firmware. I can get guppydrv which is pretty good, though.

So I think I’m locked into using the 26350’s.

Thanks for the help.