Long thrower for <$60

I had my eyes set on the Convoy L2 but obviously I’m a little late on getting in to the LED flashlight game. I’d like something similar to the L2 if possibly that supports 2x18650/26650 but I’ll take any suggestions! Just want to make sure it’s a good thrower and decent quality.

Take a look at the yezl y3, it’s currently on sale for 25$ at gearbest.

maxtoch sn6x-2x

Modded ZY-T08 or HD2010. Unmodded I would go for the Courui big head it’s three batteries but it’s a great thrower.

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S022823

Hi. And welcome.

Go with the Maxtoch. It will handily beat most any other recommendation. Also has better build quality than most any budget light.

Get with Amanda and pay a bit more and get the 2X. It really is worth it…

It can be bought over in banggood and it is a L2 clone. However, no AR lens came with mine. A great mod host, especially once you throw in an XP-G2 in there and drive it at >3A.

^ this

Does anyone have a link for the Maxtoch Sniper M24?
The link I found in the NZ Rimfire Forum is no longer working.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MAXTOCH-Sniper-M24S-Improved-version-of-Sniper-Gun-Grey-Anodization-Hidden-Strobe-AR-Lens-Copper-LED/1908808396.html

I think that is what you want, perhaps mudgripz can confirm best supplier/link…
Cheers
Anton

Coming some time soon.

+1 the maxtoch 2X.

I just had some Maxtoch samples delivered for testing and last night did lux tests on two new 2Xs. Very grunty. After cleaning threads/contacts and fitting with two fresh pana 3100s, both read 112kcd at 6 meters. They might reach 115-120 at 10m. I know the blf guys had them running over 350kcd with mods recently. For reference, my fine little Jacob A60 reads 54kcd on this meter.

The M24 Sniper in first production run tested at 83k lux (its a smaller light than the 2X) at 6m. They have just started producing a new batch but temporarily pulled them from sale for week or two as a we found a small production line glitch in samples. Here’s the link;

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/MAXTOCH-Sniper-M24-Lighter-Version-of-SN6X-2S-AR-Lens-Copper-LED-Base-Longer-Shooting-Distance/314381_1769281159.html

Will be available again shortly.

Thanks for the suggestions, really appreciate it. I ended up going with the Yezl Y3 because it was so cheap. Can this support 3x26650 on the stock driver? I went ahead and bought 2 extension tubes for it because they were only $3.

How does the Courui compare to an HD2010? On the surface, they look very similar!

anymore suggestion?

Both heavily modded the Courui wins that battle with it’s 3 cells vs. 1 and larger reflector.

I have 2 Courui’s, one with a de-domed XM-L2 at over 400Kcd correction, 369.75Kcd and one with an MT-G2 using 6 Efest 18350’s. Love em!

Is there a thread on that? I’ve got one on the way and this definitely needs to be done to it. :bigsmile:

Yes, you can use 3 cells.

Must say I’m super disappointed in the Yezl y3 as a thrower. I have a Stanley Fat Max that demolishes it in throw and all around brightness and it was only $30 I think :frowning:

Just swapped my Y3 back to an XM-L2 (dedomed U2 1D) and measured at 5m, throw is 273kcd! Pretty impressed for >$35 of parts.

Where’d you get your XM-L2 on a 24mm pcb? Having a hard time finding any.