Longivity tests with TrustFire 12XT6 AKA Ultrafire 12T6

Here is the link for the driver:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360472948472?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Mark.
That was the driver i order, but not the driver i he send me.
The driverbord was 32mm diameter and the Component at the Board was different.
The spec at the pictured driverbord is: HX-1105 (the link above)
The spec at the driver he send me is: HX-1175b It was more windings at the component at the top.
I ask him yesterday for the spesifications for this. Anyway, i am so far very satisfied with the performance of the driver!
Tested the 12xt6 tonigth vs my The Torch 4100 lumen, lot more lumen came out of the 12xt6!

Do you have flashlights who draw 10A current?

I had upgraded my Skyray 9x T6 (9 LED version of your 12 LED light) light with the Kaidomain high power driver, but it malfunctioned and drove the light much to hard using only 2 cells and wouldn’t work using 3 cells. Purchased a second driver and the same thing happened, so I put the stock driver back in since it was plenty bright anyway. In stock form on 3 x 26650 Trustfire 5000mAh cells, I get 4.90a at the tailcap.

Have you try the 9xt6 With the Kaidoman driver and unprotected high current cell?

Here is test for the Trustfire 26650. The protection turns in about 7A.
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/TrustFire%20TF26650%205000mAh%20(Flame)%20UK.html

Legeutengenser, I have some MNKE IMR 26650 cells arriving tomorrow. I may toss the KD driver back in the light to see if they do better than the Trustfire cells. But with that driver, I suspect it’s a problem using it with 3 cells and likely it’ll still crap out.

I got this light for a present, and man is it bright! :slight_smile: I’ve used it on 3 hikes now with 3x 26650 Trustfire “5000 mAh”, when I turn it on coming through the tree covered forest its so bright I really think there is more light in there using this light than during daylight hours! :smiley: It does seem to detectably dim after about 15 minutes, then again about 45 minutes out significantly dims. I use mine at the same time I use a 1200 lumen thrower headlamp, and I can barely detect the headlamp’s output in the center at first, after 45 min it is very clear, then once 1hr hit the step down is even greater, I turned it off at 1hr 10min it was getting too dim and did not want the 26650 batteries voltage to drop too much. I do notice that in the rain this light reveals even on max brightness it turns the LEDs off/on more than other lights I have. In the rain on most of these Trustfire lights medium and low make “animae or cartoon rain”: medium rain is dashes as it falls, low rain is dots, with this one even max brightness you can detect some breaks in the falling rain. The head gets very very hot, however where I hike its been 30 to 50 degrees and has not been a problem any of the hikes, seems to cool it down enough (one time even raining and it didnt get very warm, nice cooloff).

I dont have a lumen meter but I know its brighter than my J18 till prob 30-40mins of runtime, then they become pretty close (fresh j18 and constantly run 12xT6), so lumens must drop a lot between 15-30mins, and again a lot between 45 and 60 ( I probably wont run it past 60 anymore ).

Hi all!

I have been looking around for this flashlight and have found several on ebay etc but i have found one problem?? The head is different on some that i have found…

Some are like this…

And the others are like this…

Which ones are real and which are clones??

Thanks,

DrTony.

They all seem to be “clones” coming from various factories in China, I’m not sure there is any one “real original”. I saw the one at the bottom first on the market, and I bought it, but the one above it has a reflector which looks superior…so if I was buying right now and the price was even, I’d choose the first one. However…what do you want this light for? Its extremely under-driven, but even so eats the battery relatively fast on high. I think this light is more optimal not for its max brightness, but to use on the lower settings for long use very wide flood.

I’m also not sure that the better built Trustfire x100 and AK47 are not a better choice: x100 is known to drive the LEDs harder and has a much bigger body/heatsink capacity, has a deeper reflector and can use 4 26650s but its 7 T6 LEDs while AK47 with 9 LEDs has been modded by some people here, seems to have a better reflector and both of them may be close to as bright or brighter than this light, plus they are close to the same cost now. I have no light meter or those other lights to know for sure, I know the output is very bright but disappointing in view of the claims and in comparison to my J18, and when I open the head there is a messy forest of thin wires…I half expect it will die relatively soon.

Actually my second choice was going to be a J18…

The first photo was from a chinese ebay seller and the second was from cnq.

I really just want a powerful bright light with massive throw? And to be honest just high Lumens! I know that sounds bad but really that is all i want… I am heavily into lasers and just want a really nice flashlight for <$80… And that is what i can get the 12T6 for. But saying that i can get the J18 for under $60… So if there isn’t a massive difference i’ll go with the J18.

Actually,which is the one with the 9xt6? I know the J18 has 7… But i cant remember what has the 9? Is it just called the 9xT6?

There is a big difference, and I would not get J18 for $60 seeing as you can look around and find 12x T6 for $79, maybe lower now. However, massive throw is where this lacks (so does J18): the reflectors are not very deep, and though it has a TON of lumen output, it does not throw very far. If you want a thrower and can spend a bit more, I’d recommend the TK75 for around $150 with some coupons on this site…forget where. If not, the Trustfire x100 is better for a thrower judging by the deeper reflectors and reviews I’ve read, and its $89 at lightmalls. AK47 is $76 there, it MAY be throwier than the 12xT6, I’m not sure. All of these except for the TK75 (which is a thrower) are primary massive FLOODERs though.

I have seen other say here that the 12T6 isn’t that good… And to go for the 9T6 because it is the same but just has 3 less led’s and is more reliable?

I may just get the 12T6 for now and see if that works for me… If not i can always find someone to buy it and upgrade. So just so i know… Out of those two photo’s i should go for the first?? I thought it didn’t look as good? But to be honest… What do i know!

Thanks for all your help!

Greetings everyone,

So I had the tust fire 8000 lumen light and then for no reason what-so-ever it died. I called Amazon up and they arrainged a refund. I still wanted a nice light so I ordered the Trust Fire 12XT6. I got it and to be honest, I can’t really tell the difference between the two lights. Originally, I used the 126650’s x 3. The I upgraded to the Tenergy ICR 26650’s (4000mAh)x 3 and saw a noticeable difference. Then I ordered the 12XT6 and noticed a little bit of a difference between the Tenergy cells I had and the UltraFire 26650 (5000mAh). I thought that I read somewhere that you could use the Letter Fire 32650 (6000mAh) x3 with them and so I ordered them about 8 weeks ago so forgive me in advance if I don’t recall where I read that you could use these batteries in this light. I received the batteries today and they simply do not fit in the flashlight and no I don’t have the tubes in the flashlight. Does anyone know if you can use these batteries in the stock light or if their is a work-around for this?

Also, I have read other people’s posts about drivers being for other lights so…….

A) Does any one have a recommended driver that is better than the manufacturer driver?

B) Can a person who understands about 40% electrical theory be able to replace this driver?

C) Do I have to make any other modifications other than just taking off two wires and soldering two wires?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Hey Todd,

The 32650 battery will Not fit this light. There is no "work around unless u actually mill your own battery tube. Btw forget about changing the driver unless u have some experience with electronics and soldering. Mine are working fine and they r the stock ones. I now own the larger light with 15 of those leds! Maybe you may have missed it in the thread but others have reported have adequate wiring from the driver to led connection so I would not worry until it wont light. Btw the driver is not that hard to replace. Just have to make sure u get the right one.