Look at my new light ....God bless you

It appears showing your new light to some people can cause them to sneeze ...Statisticly it's much more common with white females ..

Crazy I know ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photic_sneeze_reflex

So it might explain why your wife has an adversion to your many light purchases .....

Wanna see my new light ???... Ooo..God bless you

Haha, thanks for that link. I’ve been trying to convince people for years that bright-light-sneezing is a real thing, but I didn’t have any references aside from a snarky comment made by a character in some famous literature I read a decade ago and forgot the name of.

According to wikipedia, 67% of photic sneezers are female and 94% of those are Caucasian, and there are significant correlations to having a deviated septum. I guess that makes me a textbook case, since I’m a white girl with a deviated septum who gets sneezy when looking at the sky.

Another thing which took me forever to find was evidence that I’m actually photosensitive. Apparently this can be determined in an eye exam, by checking the color of the retina. People like me with “blonde” retinas are unusually sensitive to light, so I finally have something solid to back up my sun aversion and dependence on dark sunglasses during the day. This also has a lot to do with my late late sleep schedule and love of flashlights and mood lighting…

These quirks get accepted much more easily when I can pass them off as a medical condition. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have the same problem with bright sunlight, its lucky I live in England, on occurs once every couple of years… :stuck_out_tongue:

I sometimes sneeze when looking at bright light (only if my eyes need to rapidly adjust). I heard an explanation being that the wiring for your nerves sometimes cross / touch: e.g your eyes should be sending signals to your brain that they need adjusting but instead your brain picks it up as something tickling your throat… so you sneeze.

When I try to sneeze and it doesn’t work, I try to look into a bright light, and then I can sneeze.
Never had the experience sneezing while looking at the sun, without the sneezy feeling beforehand,

Im also having same thing with sun light.

I have allergy to dust.

My wife has an aversion to our visa bill due to my flashlight purchases. Her cheeks get red, her eyes narrow and her voice gets louder :stuck_out_tongue:
Is she a PurchasaPhobic?

No, her purses and shoes are purchased on visa too :stuck_out_tongue:

lol maybe the ol saying about 7 sneezes equals an orgasm has something to do with being a flashaholic… did i just figure the whole meaning of this out??? i doubt it… :stuck_out_tongue:

I don't recall ever encountering anyone that had a photic sneeze reflex. :~

I have it... annoying at spring when there is still snow on ground and sun is shining very brightly.

I seriously have it.

It comes along with sensitivity to dust and pollen, leading to hayfever in the spring.

Nose will run all day and I'll feel hazy because of the sensory overload.

It sucks major hairy ones.

My coworker Sneezes three times every time he goes out in the sunlight throughout the year. I get headaches from sunlight, but that’s due too working swing shift and not being out in the sun over a 5 year span. (No I’m not a vampire) the sun gives me headaches unless I wear sunglasses or tinted safety glasses.

mint will make me sneeze. a peppermint patty is a guaranteed 5 sneezes

I sneeze when I inhale ground pepper.Sealed

LOL! Thanks for the good laugh. I guess Id know for certain if I had the sneezing affliction as soon as I turned this on.

Holy cow - 60 amps !
I’m imagining you sweeping the shore with that thing and hearing a trail of sneezing !

A trail of sneezing and bushes catching on fire :stuck_out_tongue: