Look At What Manafont Sent Me

Looks like it. Also looks like they gave it a “Foy” once over, so i guess its kinda used
but new.

Manafont doesn’t understand that Paypal will eventually pull the plug on them if PP gets enough complaints, and it doesn’t take that many. My email box is suddenly OVERFLOWING with emails from DX asking if I received the order and can they do anything to help. Their CS used to be DISMAL. There is no doubt that this is because PP has told DX to straighten up or get the boot, so they’re scarmbling to prevent PP from cutting service. So if you feel you have been ripped by any vendor who uses PP as a payment tool, you might as well complain to PP because if PP gets enough complaints, they’ll cut off the offending vendor, and without PP, manafont and the others might as well take their web sites down. It’s the end without PP.

I’m not wishing the plague of no-paypal on anyone, but these vendors have to learn that this isn’t a game. They are expected to deliver a product in as-advertised condition in a timely manner without a huge hassle, i.e., they can’t play by some weird set of online business rules that lets them do as they please, customer be d**ned.

And when we let lost shipments or damaged goods like this slide without complaint, we’re just enabling these companies to do it to more customers. The vendors need to know that they MUST imspect EVERYTHING they sell and mail out. If one light looks like a rat lived in it chewing on the contacts, they can’t send it and have to return it to the manufacturer. It is NOT up to us to do their QC for them!

I understand your meaning but in this case I have to say that if I was doing quality check, This light would pass. Not because I wouldn’t care about customer but because this wouldn’t seem like a damage to me if there is no other dent on visible or functional parts. Especially on 30 dollar flashlight. You have to keep in mind that the quality can’t be the same as 120 dollar original just because the manufacturing conditions. Sure I don’t like when I receive different from order or seriously damaged goods, this really should not happen. I don’t want to make you angry but I really can’t get it. It seems that you all are going to declare a war to manafont because of small imperfection on a hidden part of flashlight. It’s just my point of view, take it easy.

“Especially on a $30 dollar flashlight”
“because of small imperfection on a hidden part of a flashlight…”

I could not disagree more!

This is an Integrity issue—NEW items should be received in NEW condition regardless of price.
What if a sales rep buys 500 units of “just $30 flashlight” —-so he should also understand it is a cheap item and live with the damages?
Bull-oney! in both cases

Fella,thats not being fussy,thats a USED light for sure.I didnt see the contact marks from the cells at first look,but ther clearly ther.

HOOOF IT BACK ATUM

DON…

I would disagree (with driveX) as well, although I'm ok with accepting small imperfections in the finish (anodizing), dirty lens or body, or "cheap" machining of threads. These seem to be part of the game with budget lights. However I'm not ok with a flashlight that looks like it was used, or repaired and resold as new.

EDIT: Hmm. . . but this one performs better:

Quote from here.

So you going to keep it due to it's better performance? Or demand replacement and possibly get another under-performer?

-Garry

That scratch doesn’t mean that the light is not new. It may have happened during manufacturing. That contact ring is between the head and body as I know so those scratches may be from assembling process. But for sure, I can’t judge from this photo whether it is new or not. I don’t say that ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS doesn’t have right to get refund. I just wanted to say that in this specific case it is very easy to fix it or just live with it as it is not affecting the functionality, nor appearance. And that manafont may have shipped it with the problem unknowingly.

And as you said, I’m talking about that anodizing imperfection which was the main subject I think.

+1 Well said… They are the worse on getting back to you when there is something wrong with an order. I have sent so many emails to Jim and nothing ever got solved. They love taking are money but they don’t stand behind nothing!!!

I tend not to care so much about my budget lights, if you want a pretty and far more durable light pay a little more for it.

My cheap lights (anything by ultra or trustfire) are my lights I beat to shit at work, it’s a badge of honor to see how much anodizing I can rub off before they quit working. The light was probably in a box that was never opened before being stuck in another box to send to you, I have a strong feeling this was a manufacturer issue and not a seller issue.

Also manafont is great for those not willing to play the waiting game, I have spent 30 bucks to ship 50 bucks worth of goods from there, it arrived in < 24 hours as promised.

Manafont really burned me up on the zy-t13,looked like someone fired it down the stairs! I asked it be inspected and tested as I was doing a review on it for BLF,needless to say it never happened.I agree with Brad,whether you sell something for 5 or 500 dollars,you should be accountable for what you sell.I tried filing a complaint and it went unanswered,not likely to order again.

I agree, Manafont has slipped in the past 6 months or so. A year ago, they were great, now they are worse than DD or DX. I avoid Manafont now where I used to be happy to pay a little extra because they were faster and better. Now they are slow and send out junk. I don’t know what changed but quality went down hill fast over there.

Manafont is definately on the avoid list for me as well. There a “last” resort distributor! :frowning:

+2 I have said many times over here at BLF: If something is wrong with your purchase, no matter what, dont go
into a “debate” with the vendor. PayPal is your friend, be course the vendor needs him. Without PP his out of business,
so he wont mess with them. Remenber you have paid for a new(!) and working(!) item.

OP never said anything about them refusing to fix the situation.

Likely they had a box on the shelf that they didn’t open before sending out and the manufacturer is the one who rebuilt a previously defective light.

Like I said, you get what you pay for, buy a cheap knockoff and you are not going to get top grade quality, period.

I prefer Tmart heavily to manafont, but if Tmart doesn’t have it off to manafont I go.

My last order with Manifont turned out to be in my favor. I ordered and paid for 1 Trustfire UF-H6. They sent me 2. I was going to email them, but decided not to. Why? because I've gotten bad batteries from them in the past. I feel we're even now. I probably wont be ordering from them again after the shit you got..

Brad, File a paypal claim if they don't do right by you....

yeah glenn I wouldn’t have emailed them either…intl , cnquality, or various other dealers I would have as they are always honest and helpful…manafopnt on the other hand can suffer the loss lol…

that sucks about the light Brad…i’d file a paypal claim…

I agree.

I collect flashlights in new condition not used thrown on the concrete ones. I don’t remember once stating I want to buy a new flashlight that on the inside looks like someone hit it with a hand grinder.

If they don't fix the issue or offer you a partial refund then file a PP claim.

That scratch honestly looks like a manufacturer issue as the head was likely dropped by the person assembling it. These lights are still assembled by hand and accidents happen. The assembler figured it wouldnt show and the light worked (hence the contact scratches from testing) so he/she sent it on its way without reporting the damage. They don't get paid enough to give a crap and had they reported it would have been given more crap over it than they felt worth it. Manafont probably looked at the outside of the light as it appeared passable.

I have been burned by Manifont lately also…dead charger and bad 26650 to name a few.I have been sending my business to T-mart with ony great things to say about there customer service.They make mistakes like everyone else, but take care of the customers when it happens.Sherry has been very proactive on this site when she see’s problems posted about T-mart.I recently had a problem with the wrong item shipped and she(Sherry) contacted me and the problem was solved to my satisfaction.Manifont is great….until you have a problem,then they don’t care.Hey Darcangel, I just got a Smallsun yz-t13 from the T-mart US warehouse….packaged very well with not a scratch on it.Used it this weekend….what a great thrower, even at .98amps at the tailcap!Needless to say…has a few scratches now(dropped it a few times…opps!)-Rick

I am perfectly content with both. The first one blew my mind. This 2nd one I would bet is about 100 lumens brighter than the first. It equals my TK41 on the wall.